• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Really need some help, my 1yr old won't eat

smurff

Mummy to Emily and Harry
Reaction score
Hi, my little boy is nearly 1 and he won't eat very much. I know for the 1st 12 months milk is the most important thing he can have but he's nearly over 12 months now. All he will eat is porridge and yoghut. His typical feeding day is.....
Morning 7oz formula and a little porridge
Lunch. 7oz formula
Dinner. 7oz formula and a yoghut
9pm. 7oz formula
I have tried reducing formula so he is more hungry for food but he still won't touch it . we have been trying him with Ella's kitchen, he will have a few spoon fulls of the baby one but anything with bits in he just pushes away and he just screams till he gets his milk . I don't know what food to try, I'm getting so worried cause he was only born in the 4th centile line and I can't have his weight dropping

Those pouches don't have much in them and they don't taste very nice, so at a year, I would definitely say start offering him real food. Whatever you're eating, make him his own little plate and sit down and eat with him. He likely won't eat much at all at first, but that doesn't matter as long as he's still getting plenty of formula on demand. He needs to learn to eat real food as that's what has the calories and nutrients he'll need to grow, so just let him have whatever you're eating (at his age, the only thing you should avoid is whole nuts, nut butters are fine). He'll probably just mush it up and chuck a lot on the floor. But within a couple months, he'll likely start to really enjoy it. You just have to give him time to get used to doing something totally new, including eating whole foods and feeding himself.

Thanks ladies, I refused to do blw with my first and she was brilliant with her food, she started on the pouches and loved them and easily went on to normal food. Was hoping my lo would be the same but obviously not, tried him on a little bit of ppancake today and he loved it, seems he likes things he shouldn't have, I get really concerned about the amount of salt and sugar he haves which is why I like the pouches. Guess I'll just persevere until I find something he likes

Can you adapt your normal cooking to have no salt or sugar? We just do our normal meals without salt, or if we are having something ready made I cook him something else (I bulk cook things for the freezer for him that I can just take out).

tried him on a little bit of ppancake today and he loved it, seems he likes things he shouldn't have, I get really concerned about the amount of salt and sugar he haves which is why I like the pouches.

What's wrong with pancake? Flour, milk, egg - no salt or sugar involved (unless shop bought, I suppose they might have some).

I used to get really paranoid about salt too. I afterwards realised as long as I wasn't giving her "ready meals" or processed foods like ham/chicken slices from a packet then the salt present in things like cheese and bread wasn't going to cause a problem. The more fresh stuff you cook and eat, the less of an issue salt and sugar become.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->