Really Needing Encouragement

dodgegirl98

Reaction score
So I decided (and im asking my love about it) that we are going to be TTC December 2015. It just seems so far away and I feel like I'm never going to get there... Anybody in the same boat or have words of encouragement?

welcome, I would say try and keep yourself busy and enjoy your child free time now. go on dates, take up a hobby if you can. I am finding it harder the closer it gets to ttc date which is in Dec. good luck on your journey!

I'm Dec this year but Iv been on here for over a year already and still 6 months to go, all I can say is actually time does pass quickly, it didn't feel it some days but others you realise your a month closer. Keep busy don't obsess to much and when you can't take it come here and rant!

Well I already have a hobby (crafting!) and another is hunting but I still can't help thinking about starting our family... I'm pretty sure I'm obsessed and I can't stand it. Is there any other ways y'all made time pass a little quicker?

i work full time so that keeps me busy and at weekends try to plan things too but cant always afford to. i go online looking at baby related things and on bnb but sometimes i think it doesn't help my broodiness. feels like life is on hold until ttc. time does fly though really

You'll get there eventually dodgegirl, I know the wait is hard, but choosing a time when you will be most ready is what really matters. OH and I began talking about TTC around this time last year and have decided on December 2014. I was facing the same wait you are facing now, and I can tell you it flies by! I'm only starting to feel real impatience now as the date gets closer and closer.

As others have said, try to fill your free time with the things you love to do. And get out with your girlfriends as much as you can. Spending time with my dog has brought me a lot of joy (and distraction!) over the past year and a half. Consider a pet if you have room in your life for one and can keep your commitment to it after baby comes...I think pets are a wonderful way to lift your spirits and appeal to your nurturing side.

If all else fails, sometimes all you can do is just allow yourself to daydream for as long as you want. Not much can distract us from looking forward to such a beautiful thing. :flower:

I agree with the above posts. Our wait time from when we decided to actually set a date wasn't very far in advance but for the last 10 years it has always been "5 more years" whenever we were asked. There were certain things we wanted and a certain place in our lives we wanted to be and just weren't there yet. We are almost there now. I will say this though as far as helping time pass when there are huge life events you are waiting for that has helped me out tremendously, focus on smaller goals to help break up the time. This also gives you little checks that you can put in your column to help you pass the time as you get to each one. That way you aren't looking so much at the long stretch, but little ones. Like if you plan on moving, or getting a new job, or school, or a vacation you are planning. Etc. An easy metaphor (although ttc is by far more exciting) I can think of is cleaning the house. If the house is trashed and you look at the overall picture it can be easy to get a little overwhelmed but if you break it down one chore at a time, 1 room at a time, its easy to see your progress which helps keep you motivated and before you know it, the whole house is clean. (Like I said not nearly as exciting but same kind of concept)

I hope the time passes quickly for you.

Edited for spelling

You will get there :) it will come around, it feels so long but you will get there |:)

Thanks y'all! I'm feeling a little better about it and I'm finding things to keep me busy

We're going to be TTC #3 in Dec & it does feel like we have so long to go!
Im lucky, in that we already have 2 little girls to keep us busy! I just keep busy with work, planning days out & doing my crafts in the evenings! X

Hey! I've been there, so I know how you feel! From the time we got married I had urges to start a family right away. Now we're finally starting this month, so yeah I'm excited, but I've been through the roller coaster of emotions over the past 3 years. Even though we were financially stable and paying all of our bills on time we didn't have much left at the end especially after buying our first house and my husband's truck, so we just didn't feel like we could afford a baby. I cried some days saying well how is it ever going to change, we're never going to make more and be ready, it's never going to happen, etc. Then I would go a month or so and be perfectly fine and think about enjoying this time alone with my DH. Finally we made our "plan." DH started paramedic school (he's a firefighter) paid for by work and when he graduates he gets a raise! So he'll graduate in January and we figured as long as the baby won't be due until after then then we can start TTC! We knew this plan for about a year and for some reason simply having a plan made me feel so much better. It's like I didn't mind waiting as much bc I knew when it would eventually happen and I was at peace with that. In the meantime I've tried to spend quality time with my DH and enjoy what could be our last moments alone. Go on a vacation if you can, have a few drinks if you drink and remember that soon you won't be able to do all of that as easily so enjoy it now! I even freaked out a couple of months ago as the time was getting so close and I told DH I wasn't sure if I was ready and maybe we should wait longer... even though I had been waiting for so long! That phase passed though haha so don't be surprised if you experience lots of differing emotions while your waiting! Just think of this as your time to do whatever you want and enjoy it!! :hugs:

P.S. I'm a hunter too! Love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"