Really nervous this time round! Smoking who else is giving up/ given up?

highhopes19

Reaction score
Aahh I don't know what it is!

Second time round I thought I would be relaxed, chilled taking it in my stride but I'm constantly worried! Gosh I only found out for definite yesterday and already I'm a wreck!

Isabelle was planned I had taken vitamins for months leading up to bfp, was relatively healthy etc!

This time round total shock! No vitamins as wasn't activly ttc, I smoke I gave up when trying with Isabelle and stupidly started again last year when me and Tom broke up :cry:. I've been eating crap!

I feel doomed this time :cry:.

No 1. Priority is to give up smoking Im not a heavy smoker but I want to cut it completley! I had a cigarette last night when I finished work and God I felt so bad I threw away after a few puffs!

Has anyone given up smoking? Any tips etc would be great?

I'm so paranoid something is going to go wrong :cry:

First of all congratulations! :)

I too was a smoker until i got my bfp, i instantly stopped, what helps me is knowing the baby takes sips of the amniotic fluid from around 9wks and that is flavoured by what we eat, drink or even smoke. The thought of my lil one drinking smokey tobacco flavoured water is enough to stop me wanting one

Good luck

X

I haven't smoked in years but was a smoker when I found out I was expecting my son 9 years ago. I quit cold turkey and it was the hardest thing I've ever done but totally worth it to know those nasty chemicals weren't hurting my little one. Congrats on your bfp and good luck with giving up!

Thankyou girls I was so worried about posting about giving up incase I got shot down :(

It's gonna be hard but I know I can do it the one I'm gonna miss the most is probably after dinner.. Well done to you both for quitting I hope I can follow :D x

At present to take my mind off it I'm chewing gum glass of Dr pepper... Looking at baby stuff early I know but if it stops me I'm gonna run with it :D hehe xx

I don't smoke so I don't have much advice for you. I do know it's really hard to give up some foods and my caffeine, so I cannot imagine what it would be like giving up something that's way more addicting. Good luck though!! I think it will be easy for you to stop the more your baby is growing in you! :)

It is hard Hun, but everyday it gets easier. So don't give up. Distraction is a great way. Plus I used to put the money I'd spend on cigs into a money box for baby and was lovely seeing it mount up. Kept me focused.

That's an amazing idea thanks hun, I might put it by and use it to by the pram or something :D we've got to start from scratch as I sold all of Isabelle's baby equipment so it would be a big help x

I just want to say well done for trying and wanting to quit! I don't have any advice but think it's great that you're wanting to quit x

If you need to try an e cig! It definitely helped me quit by 6 weeks along! Chewing gum helps a lot as well! Good luck hun! You can do it!

Good luck hun! I like the idea of putting money away for baby!

Hey! I've cut down from 10/15 today to just one in the evening. I'm hoping when I finish this packet I won't be too bothered about buying another one. As long as you cut down with a view to quit as soon as possible then you're helping your baby :)

Try drinking something ice cold through a straw, slowly, at the times you used to take a smoke break! Good luck, you're doing so great!! Keep it up, you'll be so proud of yourself for making this healthy choice!

Hey Hun, first off all congratulations on baba :)

And we'll done for even wanting to try and quit, good on you hun, I was a smoker before I got my BFP which was 18th december 2014 and im still a non smoker now been cold turkey for over 5 weeks nearly, I won't lie it was really hard, hardest thing I've done but the most rewarding thing I've done too, I just bought loads of mints, chewing gum
And kept myself busy first 3 weeks were worse cravings all the time, but I tried my hardest and kept to it now I hardly ever crave for one and I'm even starting to go off the smell of it :)

Wish you all the best hun and good luck xx

Congrats honey! I've just got my :bfp: yesterday and like you I was not a heavy smoker but any smoking has to go. managed not to have any cig since testing but it's hard going. Feel free to pm me if you need a friendly ear xxx

Thankyou for the support lovelies.... So far I'm doing ok. Evenings were my worst as I work from home in the evening when belles in bed. Inbetween jobs I would nip out for a ciggerette. So far I've cut right down to 2 a day fingers crossed I should of cut it out altogether :). I have my doctors appointment tomorrow to be refered to the midwife :D xx

Well done hun cutting down that much is a great step :) could the docs maybe help at all, can you get patches or anything on prescription there? (dunno how prescriptions work where you are, they're free here.. funny how things are different depending where you live, I rang my gp today and they didn't give me an appointment but told me to call maternity services myself x)

Hey ladies. Hope everyone's doing okay. Just found this thread so thought I'd stop by! I was a smoker until getting my BFP on 12th Feb. I cut down from 20 a day to 4 a day for a few days then stopped all together. I'Ve never been able to stop cold turkey so this was a real achievement and I've found it easier than I thought but today it's all I can think about!!

Anyway, I thought maybe writing it down and getting it out there may help!!

Hope your all doing okay with the non smoking!!

I definitely would take one step at a time- concentrate on giving up smoking and don't worry too much about diet etc etc! Don't make it an impossible task. Just giving up smoking will be so beneficial all round. Good luck!

I second the e-cig suggestion. Vaping has helped me reduce to almost zero nicotine, and it has none of the other hundred or so toxic chemicals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->