Really pleased with my fb announcement

little moomin

Mama of One for now!
Reaction score
So some of you might remember i was hmming about whether to do one or not as it seemed a little impersonal, but it seemed egocentric to message everyone individually (obviously we have spoken to close friends and family). So, i took a plum from our garden (12 weeks is apparently plum size) took a photo of it and wrote that it was the size of our baby, and we couldn't wait to meet it in April. It is just right for me as i didn't want to share my ultrasound photos and it means only people who have read what I've written will get it :)

totally pleased with myself lol

There are quite a few ideas online, i guess it depends on your friends list mine is a mixture of colleagues ex colleagues friends mummies so a bit of a mixed bag

Love that; good work ;-) so chuffed for you xx

Such a lovely idea! :cloud9:

I'm really stuck for ideas. I LOVE the shoe idea Rachel Stevens did, but it'd look really sad if I did that now. :wacko:

Depends if people on your friends list will know she did it, i have no idea what she did!

i'm writing a private blog and have a photo album on fb set that only i can see it. when we announce, i'll just change the privacy settings :)

and my cover picture will change to this: https://i.imgur.com/GD4HTw8.jpg

Sweet idea, Moomin. I'm not keen on sharing my scan photo on fb either.

FAB idea!
I'm not planning on a FB announcement this time. I will text those closest to me. I have a few friends on there I know are really devastated lately from all the birth announcements etc. because they are trying for babies and having no luck sadly :(
I just feel bad and a bit guilty - they are my friends and I don't want to upset them. I feel a bit greedy too - this one is my 3rd.
:(

xxxxx

^ i completely get that, quite a few of my friends have had babies recently so i hope none are in that position - its very hard to tell though. I would hope anyone who knew me wouldn't think it was done out of malice but it is partly why i wanted it quite low key

That's cute :) I always like the fruit references because everyone can correlate a size. If I can keep hiding it, I'll go with a "I love my lil sister/brother" tshirt on my son, who should be about 9 months then. I might have the option of a Christmas theme, too, depending on whether they do 18,19,or 20weeks for my gender scan.

My family knows but as far as FB goes, I need to keep it a secret because I have a lot of coworkers on there. I'm up for a promotion, which I doubt they'll give me right now if they realize I'll be going out on leave again soon. I waited until 14 weeks before I told anyone last time, so what's 5 more weeks? (Assuming I can physically his it that long)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->