really sick

charlottecco2

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
I haven't stopped being sick yesterday, and can't even drink water and keep it down, Got to the point where i'm bringing up stomach acid and haven't eaten all day. Any advice from anyone,?
I feel so helpless and Ill, couldn't even consider eating. I am so weak can hardly move, my other half wants to take me to the hospital, but don't want medicine because i've heard theres a risk it can harm the baby, :cry: I can't handle this, Charlotte xx

I would call your MW or Doc immediatly and see what they say. Any meds that they give you will not hurt the baby. They will put you on an iv to make sure you dont dehydrate, which is sooo very important when you are pregnant. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

I would call your MW or Doc immediatly and see what they say. Any meds that they give you will not hurt the baby. They will put you on an iv to make sure you dont dehydrate, which is sooo very important when you are pregnant. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated, xx

hey ive got exactly the same - signed off work the last 3 weeks and cant go back till new year. every morning bright yellow fluid comes up - the stomach acid. ive been told to literally stay at home, do nothing, try and have small sips of water and eat whatever you can, wheverer i can....try and at least keep taking the folic acid tablets.....doc told me if it continues they will put me on a drip for a few days but really dont want to do that. my local hospital is half shut down with bloody hospital bugs!!!!! just rest up, take it easy, it will pass - fingers crossed. i really so sympathise though. my poor husband is worried sick butgood thing is doc said sickness like this is sign of a healthy baby! xxxx

I would call your doctor. If you can't keep anything down, neither you nor the baby are getting the calories and nutrients you need. They have anti-nausea drugs that are safe for pregnancy, and you need to be able to eat!

hey ive got exactly the same - signed off work the last 3 weeks and cant go back till new year. every morning bright yellow fluid comes up - the stomach acid. ive been told to literally stay at home, do nothing, try and have small sips of water and eat whatever you can, wheverer i can....try and at least keep taking the folic acid tablets.....doc told me if it continues they will put me on a drip for a few days but really dont want to do that. my local hospital is half shut down with bloody hospital bugs!!!!! just rest up, take it easy, it will pass - fingers crossed. i really so sympathise though. my poor husband is worried sick butgood thing is doc said sickness like this is sign of a healthy baby! xxxx

Thank you so much, yes that exactly the same as me, bright yellow stomach acid, its the worst thing ever. Feels like its burning my thoat.
Its hard to take folic acid when you feel so bad, but I am trying. Really hope it does mean a healthy pregnancy, Something good has to come out of this.
Happy to that other ppl go through this and not just me tho. Thanks xxxx

I would call your doctor. If you can't keep anything down, neither you nor the baby are getting the calories and nutrients you need. They have anti-nausea drugs that are safe for pregnancy, and you need to be able to eat!

Thank you for the advice. Have rang the doctors, the best they could do was give me an appointment monday. Just hope i can last the weekend xxxx

i had a similar experiance i was always bringing up yellow stomach acid in the morning it lasted up until last week finally feeling better xx

i had a similar experiance i was always bringing up yellow stomach acid in the morning it lasted up until last week finally feeling better xx

I really hope that it doesn't last much longer then, its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you feel like this. Yellow stomach acid has got to be the worst thing i have experienced in pregnancy yet. grrrrr . Thanks for the reassurance xxx

it was definately my worse symptom hang in there girl. xx

hi charlotte... how u doing? still sick? i havent been on here for AGES because ive been stuck at home feeling like death warmed up! its a condition called hyperemesis gravidum that i have and apparently only 2% of pregnant women get it! great huh?!? its still bad and i ma still signed off work.i can eat more in the evenings now than before and most nights can manage a small evening meal but thats it all day long. can only drink water and nothing at all until about 1/2pm int he afternoon. have no energy at all, popped to boots the other day and was walking through store and fell over on the fllor...just too dizzy and dehydrated.its bloody horrible.everyone said wait till 12 weeks and itll go but it hasnt yet.hyperemesis doesnt tend to dissappear at 3 months like normal morning sickness. not sure if you have the same or not but even if its just bad morning sickenss its nasty so realy feel for you too.anyway hope u feel a bit better soon........and anyone else whose got this! take care.....xxx

OLD POST - from mid December. Sickness isnt current.

Charlotte is having a tough time right now - read her more recent posts.

Hang on in there Charlotte....tomorrow is nearly here!!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"