Really silly question!

Kiddo

Reaction score
When you're out and about, how do you keep the spoon sterilised until you need to use it? I was thinking about just wrapping it in cling film - would that work ok?

Surely a five month old baby doesn't still need utensils to be sterile? Just hygienically clean, no?
Oh, I've just read that things should be sterile until 6 months... I'm afraid I can't help with your question, though putting the spoon into a sterile tupperware sounds like a good idea?

i dont sterilise spoons or bowls, Only his bottles. I just make sure there washed really well because everything goes in his mouth anyway

i stopped steam sterilising at 4 months.. and stopped cold water sterilising at 5 months. just make sure everything is really clean. my dishwasher is great on bringing the bottles up sparkling after i initially scrub the milk scum out of them. :)

I think at that age, i didnt sterilse plates/bowls or spoons, just her bottles and that stopped completly at 7 months

I think if you put a serilised spoon into a sterile container that would work. But personally i wouldn see the need

i dont sterilise spoons or bowls, Only his bottles. I just make sure there washed really well because everything goes in his mouth anyway

Same here, the only things I sterilise are bottles and dummys, I just wash everything else in really hot soapy water and I take spoons and bowl out with me in a little bag so they keep clean :)

My HV said you only need to sterilize the milk bottles as that's where the dangerous bacteria can form. With plates and spoons she said just to wash them in warm soapy water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->