Really small garden! What to put in it?

choc

Reaction score
We have just moved in to a house after living in a flat with no garden. So this is Aidans first garden and he loves it, but it is really tiny. So I'm looking for your must haves for the garden that a 3 to 4 year old would enjoy?! Hopefully that he can play with independently too.
Thanks!

I'm going to get Ben a swing ball set for his birthday. I know a few 4yr olds who have one and love it. My garden is long but very narrow. We have a trampoline that is the whole width and he uses that a lot. Generally though he takes his inside toys (cars mostly) out there to play with.

ETA: footballs are always a good one too.

Sand pit. I got one on fri and kids spend hours in it. Can't go wrong with that and a paddling pool.

We have a small garden. We have got a slide a seesaw and a swimming pool.

Water table! We have the little tikes pirate ship one and my boys (4 and 2) love it! X

sand pit is my daughters favourite out door toy

Ours is small too but we have still managed to fit a sand pit, paddling pool and a little tykes climb n slide thing! Swingball is a good idea.

What about a few plant pots around the edge so he an plant some seeds and have his own gardening area?

We have a slide, mini trampoline and a paddling pool which are all loved!!

we have trampoline and a sand and water table from tesco and a little wooden picnic table

I really want to get one of those trampolines but we dont have the room :(

A water table for messy play (doesn't always need to have water in - could get sand, coloured rice etc).

His own flowerbed? Pots/troughs if no space for full flowerbed. Depending on what you think your lo will do it could just be soil and/or stones to dig around it. Or you could plant flowers or vegetables/herbs and harvest them to eat. Cress is really easy to grow and you can start it of inside with just seeds and wet kitchen paper, then transfer outside when bigger (it grows fast too so good for children to see results, you can start harvesting 2 weeks after seeding).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->