Really struggling @ 30wks... help?!

babybx2

Reaction score
I am sure I am not the only one, but I am being driven insane!

I just cannot sleep at all. I wake every hour for the loo and just can't get back to sleep. If I lay on my left I get a stabbing pain under my left booby which feels like it goes right through to my back. If I lay on my right after a while my lower back aches on the right hand side and I get like a numb but pins and needles feeling under my left booby where I had the stabbing pain!!!

It is really really hard work to keep getting up out of bed every hour or to turn from one side to the other. I cannot sleep on my back at all cos I can't breathe lol.

How do you all manage it as I am sure you all must have the same or similar issues?? Please help as it is reducing me to tears and I am getting so so tired.

Hope you are all well x

im only 28 weeks, but i feel your pain, have you tried a v shaped pillow? ive had to cut down fluid intake too as i pee so much it drives me mad!! it seems as though the twins want us to be in routine before theyre here lol! just so we're used to sleep deprivation! i havent had any stabbing pains yet, but i seem to get most movement when im in bed, as though theyre squashing each other when im on my side, hope you manage to get some rest soon x

Thanks Ni2ki! I am going to call the midwife tomorrow as I am feeling really rubbish. I have low BP and low iron levels and now GD so with that, moving house this weekend, waking with a swollen hand and now feeling hot and swollen and not sleeping I just feel at the end of my tether!!! I havent tried a v shape pillow. I could do though.

Twin pregnancy is no easy ride but when you see those 2 little faces looking at you when they are born all that pain and discomfort seems so worth it and you would willingly go through every single minute of it again.
I know that probably doesnt help you at the minute, but try to think about your babies and how happy you will be in a few weeks time might help a bit.

I was sleeping on our reclining sofa by 30 weeks! I just couldn't lie flat. You're not meant to sleep on your back when you are pregnant, so that was out, and if I laid on my sides, the babies would go beserk and start kicking me, plus it hurt too much anyway. As for trying to get back up for the many loo visits while lying down was a nightmare! So the only way I could get comfy was to bring the legs up of my reclining sofa and sleep on that. I made do like this until I had the boys. It was very weird going back to lying flat to sleep after 8 weeks of sleeping on a sofa! Like Mea said, it'll all be worth it when your lovely girls are here. Hang in there hun xx

I remember it well ;) From 28wks I would fall asleep with exhaustion, only to wake exactly 90mins later (always 90mins) unable to get back to sleep. I literally remained awake for the rest of the night, just trying atleast to rest!!! It is tough hun, and very very normal with twins. By 38wks I think I had passed a threshold of discomfort, and my body and mind seemed to adapt - either that or I just knew the end was in sight. Much love and hugs xxx

oohh sweetie just keep your mind on the end result - as much as you want it over just keep them cooking. It is a special kind of torture just keep going you will get there xxx

hiya
Im just behind you at nearly 29 weeks, and Im struggling
I wake up every hour for the loo and to turn over, trouble is my spd means Im laying with one leg on top of the other causing the bottom one to loose feeling so when I get up I cant stand lol!!

Also can barely walk now, on codine and on paracetamols because of ligament tearing pain and the spd

also low iron so on iron tablets lol, and just been reffered to the respiritory clinic as my asthmas freaking out with the extra effort its taking to move

so I can whinge with you

not long to go now though!!
Im taking a day at a time, and thinking thank god its another day of growth for them even if its hurting me

Sounds like i have so much to look forward to, I ache now just after eating my dinner and I'm only 14 weeks! X

Thanks girls for your support. It's horrible because I don't want to sound ungrateful, because that is so far from the truth but it is very hard isn't it. The last thing I want is for babies to come early, especially as I am already booked into have them 4 weeks early, I really dont' want them to come any sooner and end up in special care or something.

I sleep better without my OH in the bed but don't want to kick him out bless him lol. I actually managed an extra couple of hours after my LO went to school. Thank god Mum and my OH are taking Chloe to and from school.

I know exactly how you feel... I was there 8 weeks ago. Its hell. like some awful, twisted endurance challenge.
I couldn;t walk by the end either + I was induced at 37 weeks.
But... looking back I wish I'd hung on longer - to give them the best chance for survival.
I can't really remember the agony I was in - the rib pain, heartburn, massively swolen legs, SPD... I just regret being 'selfish' and wanting it to be over early 'cos before you know it - it is over and everything goes back to normal but you're left with 'premature' babies....

I know exactly how you feel... I was there 8 weeks ago. Its hell. like some awful, twisted endurance challenge.
I couldn;t walk by the end either + I was induced at 37 weeks.
But... looking back I wish I'd hung on longer - to give them the best chance for survival.
I can't really remember the agony I was in - the rib pain, heartburn, massively swolen legs, SPD... I just regret being 'selfish' and wanting it to be over early 'cos before you know it - it is over and everything goes back to normal but you're left with 'premature' babies....

Yeah, I just keep thinking "only 6 weeks left" I have no choice of having a c-section at 36 weeks as that is the way they do it for ID twins at my hospital. I just don't want them any earlier than that really. 37 weeks isn't too early, especially for twins hun xxx:hugs:

Hi Vicki

I sooooo feel your pain! I just had my boys a week ago (7lb 5oz and 7lb 2oz) at 38weeks+5, and the last 2 months were very difficult.

I can't say that it gets any easier from ~30week, but it is absolutely worth the pain and discomfort to have healthy babies in the end.

As Chetnaz recommends, I also found some relief from pain and heartburn sleeping semi-reclined. I achieved this by stacking pillows up, and wedging them around me in bed.

All the best to you! xoxoxo

Thank you Hannah. I am struggling but the midwife told me today that I am doing too much and need to rest more as I am carrying the same weight as a full term singleton pregnancy and I need to rest otherwise I will be at risk of having prem babies x

I've been on bed rest since 26 weeks (am 32*2 now! :happydance: ) and have been sleeping in my recliner- I still am very sore from the bed rest- but at least I can sleep some of the time without waking crying from pain. I'm also scheduled for 36 weeks- but no one thinks I'll make it- I'm hoping my girls and I prove them wrong!

I COMPLETELY understand, i had the same thing :( Unfortunatly you just have to deal with it for now im afraid, im sorry to say that, really wish i could help. I did get a cheap long body pillow from lidl (only 9.99!) which i would put between my legs, under my bump and hug with my arms and put a normal pillow behind me to stop me rolling onto my back which made things much better. Thats all i can tell you though hun, soon all this discomfort will be a distant memory, trust me! Just be strong and ride it out, not too long to go xxxx

Aww looks like this is it no then for the next 6 weeks. I dont' have a recliner so will put up with it till babies arrive. They are so worth it xxx

My recliner was my best friend for 30 weeks +, slept in it every night.

I wish I could provide some insight. It hard! My girls were 7 lbs 7 oz and 6 lbs 10 oz and I had an elective c section at 36 + 6. Wait, the C section wasn't elective but the date was elective. I called 2 days before crying and in so much pain and begging them to deliver and the doctor agreed.

It is all sooo worth it though after you look in their little eyes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->