really unsure what to think, any help pls

Lin2013

Reaction score
Hi All i really need a bit of help trying to decide, i have been ttc since sept and no luck as yet, i have been using clearblue advanced OPK, i have none left to do this cycle and the cheapie OPK sticks dont seem to work for me, i no NOTHING about charting, can you give me some info please and is this sometimes better than paying out alot for clearblue OPK?

Charting probably wont help you this cycle, as it only really shows you AFTER you've O'd, but basically you need to take your temp (with a basal thermometer -1 decimal place if you're measuring in F and 2 if measuring in C) first thing in the morning-before you even move. You know you've O'd when your temp jumps either 0.5-1.0 degree F or 0.3-0.5 degree C and stays that way for at least 3 days.
Your temp will drop again before AF, and if you are pregnant, it wont drop at all :)
Temping is more accurate than using opks, since opks only measure LH surges which doesnt necessarily mean you O. But. Using opks allows you to predict BEFORE you O, while temping only lets you know for sure after you already have.

thanks so i have AF at the min so its to late to start this month?

Nope, you can start at any point, you just wont really be helped by bbt until you've done it for a while and learned at what point you O, how long your luteal phase is etc :)

ok thanks so best to keep doing opks as well?

At first, yea :) that way you know when your O is coming, and can confirm it with temps :) then once you have a general idea of when O happens, you can cut out the opks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->