Really upset.. need someone to talk to.

Hi Lyrah,
I don't know what to say about your mum except that I agree with her. I am sorry but if my 17 yr old daughter came to me and told me she had deliberatelt got herself pregnant I would be very angry. It such a waste of a childhood and opportunities missed. It doesn't matter which way you look at it and how much you try to justify being pregnant hun you are only 17 and the opportunies presenting themselves now will never be the same. You have your whole life and another 20 yrs of prime baby making age. I genuinely believe that young girls who crave a baby are trying to replace some sort of love they are missing. I hope this isn't coming across as too harsh coz I don't mean it too hun. If it was my daughter I would accept it and be there to support her and love her when she needed me most, I don't think your mum would ever turn her back on you but she wants what's best and a baby at 17 or 18 isn't best hun.

I know loads of people have their babies young and manage, but why should you manage when you can flurish, and have babies when you are a little older and have your education completed. I was 21 when I had my first and life was hard. I am 32 and have only just managed to complete the courses I wanted to do when I was 18 so yeah you can do it but things can be so much different.

It is of course your choice and your life hun and I dare say everyone on here will be there to support you and I am sure your mum will too hun. She may just need time.

Take care of yourself hun xxx

I understand what you mean. It didn't come across harsh don't worry :)

It's just this is all I've wanted for soo soo long. We've planned it all out and we're ready for it. But my mum is my best friend and I'd hate to upset her. I'm just finding this all incredibly hard because it's actually crushing me so much because this really is what I desire so much. It's so difficult :(

Most girls of my age are out partying and everything but I've never been into that.

I've tried so hard to get over it, to try and ignore it til I'm a bit older etc but nothing seems to work and it's starting to get me really down. :cry:

Your only 18 hun.... maybe the partying might come soon!!!

How long have you wanted it for?? cos there are ladies on this forum you have been actively trying for years and years!!!

Whats your career plan??! I was 18 when I first got with my OH!!! Since then I have been on 4 girly holidays... been to university for 3 years.... got a mortgage and just generally had a blast!! Lots of weekends away etc!! Which is all something I would have missed out on if I had a baby earlier!!

I could not have imagined a baby at 18!! Although always couldnt wait until... it was my turn!!! Im 22... and only the 3rd girl in our big group to have a baby!!! The last one to have one was just 4 weeks ago!! My friends are soooooo important to me... and I strongly believe a baby at 18 would have prevented my strong relationship with my girlfriends!!

I've wanted it for about 2years reallyreally badly. Hasn't been a day where I haven't thought about it if I'm honest.

I was really nervous about creating a post on all of this because I was really scared of people thinking I'm stupid or something :(

I was going to do an online course starting in October, regardless of whether I'm pregnant or not and work towards a diploma. I'm then going to go to uni in a few years. I'd like to do some online courses first though.

I don't know why I'm like this, it's a pain in the butt!

aww hun I dont think your stupid at all!!!

I just really think like Logiebear suggested maybe there is something else your missing out on!!

As for online courses go... Ive only just picked mine up again since finding out I was preg!!! Just been too tired to do any what with work etc!! But due to being on sick this week im ok doing it!!! Still have a deadline of september so will need to work my arse off!!

Uni is a big demand... I dont think I would have been able to do it if I had a child to go home too!!! It takes more time than a full time job- with revision and assignments!!

It seems like you have made up your mind so im not going to use this thread to persuade you otherwise. I just hope it all works out for you and when you get to my age you dont look back and think WHAT IF???

Good luck hun!!! :)

I'm so sorry. Waiting is hard.

I thought OH and I were gonna TTC late next month, but lately he has been talking about waiting another year or two. I can't guarantee my sanity if we don't try in the next few months.

I feel depressed,too. I write about it in my journal, tell my cyber friends, and sometimes have a little retail therapy. Those usually help me. I may have to find some new hobbies to occupy my time as well.

I've wanted it for about 2years reallyreally badly. Hasn't been a day where I haven't thought about it if I'm honest.

I was really nervous about creating a post on all of this because I was really scared of people thinking I'm stupid or something :(

I was going to do an online course starting in October, regardless of whether I'm pregnant or not and work towards a diploma. I'm then going to go to uni in a few years. I'd like to do some online courses first though.

I don't know why I'm like this, it's a pain in the butt!

Online courses sound like a good idea. You're not being a pain at all. There's nothing wrong with desiring a baby.

Thanks for the replies and advice girls, it means a lot to me that I can come on here and talk to you all about it.

Thank you for all helping out so much :)

good luck to you all!!

I test in 4 days.. I'm really nervous! I hope it's going to be a lovely :bfp:

:hug: to all

xx

Yes you are young, but it sounds like this is something you've been thinking about for a while now and not a new idea. Just a generation ago it was the norm to have babies in the 18-21 age group.
If you are in a stable relationship and financially everything is ok, then go for it. But remember nothing will be the same again. Your priorities will change, you won't be able to just go away for the weekend on a whim or go and see that movie when you like.
If this really is something you want and you say your mum is your best friend, then talk to her, tell her what you are thinking and that although you do respect her opinion, you have to do what you and your OH want.
Good Luck hun and no matter what you decide we are all here to support you.
xx

Thanks hun :)

I'm seeing my mum in 2 weeks so I'm going to try and discuss it with her. I think she will be pleased that I'm going to her for advice rather than keep it to myself and then just suddenly surprise her by saying 'Mum, I'm pregnant' one day. At least then, she knows I've thought it all through maturely and that I understand exactly what I'm getting myself into. I'm just hoping that she will understand where I'm coming from and that this is something I truely want.

Arggh.. I need someone to talk to, I'm driving myself absolutely barmy!!

I test on saturday and I don't know how I feel about it. I've got such mixed emotions because I feel very nervous incase it's negative, aswell as extremely excited if it's positive. It's loads of feelings into one and it's weird. I feel extremely anxious and have butterflies. I can't stop thinking about it either. I've never been like this with testing before and it's driving me crazy. In a way, I think I'm more excited (maybe my body knows I am..but not sure)

I just need someone to calm me down cos I'm really feeling weird right now :dohh:

Give me my bfp please!! :hissy:

Good luck Lyrah for Saturday. I hope it all works out for you hun. Esp your chat with your mum as I sure your nervous about it.

:hug:

Fingers crossed you get that:bfp: that you want so much.
When i got my :bfp: i was shaking when i tested and then shaked even more when it came up positive. I was soo excited but nervous at the same time. I know exactly where you are coming from.

Thanks for the luck girls :)

No sign of af as of yet.. I hope it stays that way!

Hope you're all okay

:hug:

:bfn:

Still no sign of af...

I'm in the same boat. 4 days late, and I got something that appeared to be a :bfn: today. There are lines, but they aren't pink like the control lines, so I'm thinking they are evap. A couple more days like this and I'm going to go see the doc and try to figure out what is going on with my ailing body.

Good luck to you.

Best of luck hun :)

I hope you get your :bfp: !!

Keep me updated :)

Still no af here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member