Really want a boy!

N

Naplesdadrock

Anybody have any secret boy myths that work to conceive a boy? Have heard an alkaline diet works well, anyone ever tried that with success? Thanks!

I want a boy too! I have two girls and one boy. One more boy would be awesome. Also, my HG is a lot less worse when I'm pregnant with a boy!

It's all down to the sperm.

I have 2 girls & 1 boy, only thing i did differently with my boy was had more sex, than i did when ttc with the girls. but it only takes 1 time :) good luck.

I was going to say I would lend you my husband as the men in his family only seem to make boys but I see you're the dad :haha:

Doggy style sex bang on ovulation, or so I am told...!

Sweet, non acidic, fatty diet.

I was going to say I would lend you my husband as the men in his family only seem to make boys but I see you're the dad :haha:

Where do they get that rubbish? Lol

I don't know why they tell people what to eat and what position to do it in for a certain sex.

My daughter & son were both conceived doggy style ;-)

Where do they get that rubbish? Lol

I don't know why they tell people what to eat and what position to do it in for a certain sex.

My daughter & son were both conceived doggy style ;-)

There is science behind it, the food is to do with PH levels and how it alters the environment which each type of sperm have a preference for and deep positions help the faster swimming but shorter living sperm, but it apparently only increases the chances extremely minutely, when you're talking about millions of sperm it's only going to alter things slightly and that's not to say it eradicates the chance of the other sperm penetrating. I do believe do some men make healthier male/female sperm, but that's just as much from my own anecdotal experience as it is scientific lol although there is some science backing it too.

But yeah I don't think it's something to get too bogged down about, I believe the reproductive system has been designed so that overall our population is roughly 50/50!

We conceived a boy by having sex right when I was ovulating. There is some evidence to show that Y sperm are stronger and faster than X sperm, but that X sperm can live longer in the woman's body. So if you have sex a few days before ovulation, more X sperm will still be alive to fertilize the egg. Whereas if you have sex right as the egg is released, the faster Y sperm will get to it first, resulting in a fertilized male zygote.
Mostly, though, I think it's kind of a crapshoot! We're about to start trying for a girl (our son is only 3 months old, but we want a small age gap). Good luck with conceiving your boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->