really worried! - 9 weeks

shorttass

Reaction score
hi, im around 9 weeks pregnant (havent had scan yet so not sure)
last night and this morning i checked my cervix after reading online that your cervix is meant to be closed at this stage, and mine is open! its low down, hard and open, and now im soo worried that it means somethings going to go wrong.

I havent had any bleeding or any cramps, i still have my pregnancy symptoms, but yeah i read that if your cervix is open it means its like an inevitable miscarriage sign??

ive never been pregnant before so i dnt know. has anyone miscarried before and had this? or does anyone have an open cervix and is still pregnant??

thanks

im sure your actual cervix isnt open... it may just FEEL like the beginning of your cervix is open. please make sure you are cleaning your hands very very well before checking as you can bring infection inside. your cervix actually has 2 seperate openings that need to both be open. It is almost impossible for a person to tell this themselves... im sure everything is fine, but if you need a little reassurance, give your doctor a call and let him know how your feeling!

I agree ^

The internet is so dangerous sometimes it is best to leave the more complicated stuff like that alone.

Ring your Dr and ask for a scan though, just to put your mind at ease :hugs:

wheres your cervix lol...serious i havent had the courage to check that far up lol..maybe ill ask my husband to look (only joking)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->