really worried im overfeeding

staycutee

mummy
Reaction score
lucas is 11 days old and is drinking 4oz (doesnt always finish it) every 2.30-3 hours. the midwife said its ok but thats way for than the 6 recommended feeds in 24 hours (as it says on tin)

does anyone elses LO drink this much this often?x

Please try not to worry about overfeeding him. He wont be able to overeat at 11days old...if he does it will come back up.

I would continue to feed him what he wants and a healthy appetite is a good thing. Earl was on about this much, if not a little more at that age.

He sounds like he's doing very well! :thumbup:

ella's drinking that much and is 2 weeks tomorrow. my HV said it was fine to be drinking that much. the stuff on the tins is just a guideline, each baby's different and its impossible to overfeed them! like aimee-lou said, they'll just throw it up if they've had too mcuh!! is he a big baby? i know both mine have always drunk loads (katie was BF, so dont know how much exactly she was having) and they were both right chunks :lol:

hahaha :) he was 8.4lb at birth and is now 8.15lb. you are bo9th right, he just got sick from drinking too much

My baby was on the small side but he still managed to put away 5oz every 3 hours before 3 weeks old. He was up t 7 oz before 6 weeks!

Forgot to say - he is still only on the 25th centile.

Brady was 8lb 6 at birth and was about this much, it seemed like it was just going up and up but he got to 5-6oz every 3 hours during the day at 5 weeks and hasnt changed since, although for the last couple of weeks he started going through the night!

my wee boy was 11lbs when born and when i got home he was on 4-5oz every 3-4 hours, the midwife said this was ok because he was holding out sometimes for 4 hours and during the night he was lasting 5 hours.

Now at 8 weeks he is taking 6oz bottles every 3-4 hours draining most of them, it is really hard to hold him off sometimes for the 3 hours. to be honest i cant wait until he is on solids and counting down the days till 16 weeks if i can hold him off that long! (health visitor said he would be a 4 month baby for solids, cant imagine holding him off till 6 months!)

If the midwife is happy with his feeding pattern i am sure it must be ok, they would be the first to tell you otherwise x

DS was 7lbs 3oz at birth and is taking 3-4oz, usually closer to 4oz, every 2.5-3hours. He'll even wake up at night. and if he's eaten too much, he spits it up. I wouldn't worry too much about it at this age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->