rear facing pushchairs

isil

Reaction score
There's been lots in our local paper about how rear facing pushchairs are better for a baby than forward facing. One comment even said that the forward facing pushchairs of today's society accounted for the amount of juvenile delinquents (!!!!!). They say that rear facing is much better for a baby's language development....what do you lot think? Do you have rear or forward facing?

We did use a forward facing one as I felt Alasdair liked looking out....but, after reading all this stuff and feeling like I am depriving my boy of developing brilliant language skills; I've set it up to be rear facing (it's a posh 2nd hand pushchair that does things I'll probably never discover...)

I took Alasdair out in it for a test run yesterday around our street...he seemed to like it but the real test will be town today!

I used the travel system with Kaya til she was about 5 months as I really don't like seeing little babies facing outwards. I really think that before 6 months they should either be in a rearward facing pram or a sling/baby carrier as they are genetically programmed to want to look at faces- preferably mummys face, as that's how they learn about the world round them. I want to get a rearward facing pram once sprog no 2 comes along.

we use a rear facing pushchair and a buggy board. the kids can look at eachother then and have a play whilst i shop

I had my 1st in a travel system so she was in her car seat facing me for the first few months. As she is only 2 we decided on getting a double pushchair so LO will be facing forward :(

xx

We have a travel system- although she never looks at me while shes in it, she falls asleep straight away!

I read something about that in the express and echo newspaper! Where abouts are u in the uk?

I really like the idea of a rear facing pushchair after the initial 6 months, just to keep the interaction + stimulation going (anything to avoid tears, screaming in public :rofl: and also unaccounted sweets in the pushchair when you get home! :shock:) But, I get sick sitting rear facing on a train.... so maybe some tots wont like it either?

I wouldn't worry about the comments about forward facing chairs contributing to juvenille deliquency!!! Sounds like a load of old twaddle.

Off to look at pushchair options now ....

xxx

trains move really fast though so I wouldn't have thought going backwards would have the same effect on a tot, especially if they are used to it.

We went into town (Hayley - it *was* in the express and echo - we're in Exeter!) and Alasdair seemed to like looking at me. Only thing was he got overtired and cried his little heart out in the post office. Usually when he's forward facing he falls asleep really easily.

I certainly like being able to look at him and check up on him. Hopefully he'll fit into the rear facing bit until he's about 9 months...maybe even a year if his growing slows down lol.

I have a forward facing. bren hated being backwards and would just cry the whole time he was in the pram. he loves it now. But having said that, he is not in a pram that often.

I always have Erica rear facing. I was saying to DH last night on our walk that I dont know if I ever will put her forward facing. I feel so much more comfortable with her facing me. I feel like she is safer too for some reason. Before we got our Buzz, we used our Graco travel system with her in her infant sear rear facing. She's happy, I'm happy, thats what matters.

we have the bugaboo cameleon so it faces each way, i like the idea of both - for her to look out on the world and for her to face me so when can chat :) though we haven't moved from the carry cot yet :)

My son has been in a forward facing buggy since day one and leigha was in one since about 5 months, they are both fine...!
Something people come out with!! They obviously had nothing else to fill the pages up with.

We went rear facing for the first 6 months and then swapped it to forward facing. That was the point at which Flissy allowed me to stay in a shop for longer than 30 seconds and my credit card bill went up! It was quite sad to swap over, but F is very happy to watch the world go by and loves facing forwards.

Go with what your LO likes best maybe?

C
x

trains move really fast though so I wouldn't have thought going backwards would have the same effect on a tot, especially if they are used to it.

We went into town (Hayley - it *was* in the express and echo - we're in Exeter!) and Alasdair seemed to like looking at me. Only thing was he got overtired and cried his little heart out in the post office. Usually when he's forward facing he falls asleep really easily.

I certainly like being able to look at him and check up on him. Hopefully he'll fit into the rear facing bit until he's about 9 months...maybe even a year if his growing slows down lol.

We live in Exeter too! lol :hugs:
We are in beacon heath area such a small world lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"