reasons for no period :l

amyclaire

TTC late July 2010 :D
Reaction score
been here before - came off the evil cerazette early july last year. had 3 months from august to nov without a period and now the same has happened.

3 bfns - 2 cheap boots and 1 cb. planning on doing a couple more tests, different brand again just to be sure im not pg but i sincerely doubt i am. too good to be true.

im just getting a bit concerned about still not being back to normal after so long after coming off the pill. its not phantom pg as i can be pretty sure im not pregnant, and believe the bfns etc. but i have read up on prolactin and how if you really want a baby then too much prolactin can be produced... making your body think its breastfeeding - and so not getting periods..

anyone any ideas about this? im around 2 months late.. and getting really worried :( xx

Im not sure hun - i would go to the doctors and see if they can do anything. :hugs: i hope you find your answer soon xx

Hun I wouldn't worry at all. I came off Microgynon 30 early July and I have not had a period since. I think its nearly 8 months now. I have had tests popping out my earholes, ultrasounds, blood tests, but all is normal. My doctor has told me it can be many things, first thing it could have been was PCOS (but bloods and ultrasound all came back clear) so that was eliminated. Then we thought it was stress as at the time when I came off the BCP I was really stressed, however now I am not and still nothing is happening. So finally my doctor just put it down to an unexplainable blip.

I would go to the doctor, have some tests done if you are really worried, but there are so many things that can affect a period, for example being irregular before you went on the BCP, stress, PCOS, weight gain, weight loss, and if all of that doesn't match then its just a blip!

:rofl: Hope this helps. xxxxx

Hi

I came off cezette in December and like you haven't had a period yet, Im pretty sure that its just our bodies taking its time to get back to normal.
But if you are worried, defo go see your doc for some tests.

xx

thank you :) yeah have been quite stressed on and off... just hope its something like that rather than pcos!! xxxxx

I have been told my Prolactin may be a concern, I was supposed to get blood work done on a fast, but haven't yet. The last blood work I had done said it was elevated. I want to fix that ASAP! my periods have been few and far between since I have stared obsessing... hummm

This happened to a close friend of mine. Were your periods normal before you went on the pill? If so it is probably just your body readjusting I would guess. If not (like my friend) there is probably an underlying problem and you should see your doctor for tests, etc. Hope this helps!

I was on the pill for 8 years and it took me 8 months to regulate after coming off of the pill. It can just take a while for some women. I would see you doctor for blood work if you are concerned though.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->