Reasons to get over fear of ttc #2 please?

maddog37

Reaction score
I had DS 3 years ago. We've been NTNP for almost a year, but I'm still scared of being pregnant. right around the time of ovulation, we might BD 1-2 times, but I didn't push to do it at the optimal time. Then I worry about being pregnant.

I'm almost 34 yo. There isn't a lot of time for me to wait. And I don't think I will ever be more ready by waiting. That's why I want to ttc even if in scared.

I had a relatively smooth labour though I can still remember the the different types of pain very vividly. I had a bad pregnancy but I also know it could have been much worse. It wasn't like I had sciatica or major illness or even had to keep waking up for the bathroom. But I had morning sickness all the way through. My blood pressure was low so I was constantly dizzy; I fainted once and luckily some guy was there to catch me. To top it off, I had severe perinatal anxiety that wasn't diagnosed until 3 months postpartum, which gave me panic attacks 4-6 days a week 5 months into the pregnancy until DS was born (and then it kept happening after the birth high went away, but anyway). I couldn't leave the house for pretty much the last half of the pregnancy because of the panic attacks.

I'm not sure how to deal with an extremely clingy yet super active preschooler while dealing with low blood pressure, fainting spells, panic attacks, and nausea (I have a phobia of nausea and throwing up, last time I took diclectin all the way through but I still felt mildly nauseous, this doesn't help with the panic attacks). Not to mention the constant hunger that can only be semi fulfilled with certain food because most food made me gaggy. All while trying to feed and care for a toddler.

Most people tell me they get so busy with the toddler that they forget about feeling bad. But I tried being busy last time and it just made me faint.

I thought I was ready last month, and then I got sea sick and nauseous for a week. It reminded me of how I felt while pregnant, and suddenly I wasn't ready again.

And I'm not even thinking about how to deal with 2 kids postpartum while there is a really likely chance of having PPA, PPD and PPOCD again.

Anyone been through the anxiety and found a way to let go of the fear and ttc for more kids anyway?

I'll be stalking the thread to see what other ladies say as I feel the same. I'm not TTC or NTNP for over another year but I get very panicky when I think about it. I also had MS very badly, I was sick (physically, not just feeling it) almost every day, often more than once, until I was 26/27wks, and to add to that I have vasovagal syncopy which makes me faint when I throw up. I had SPD, sciatica, postural tachycardia, awful heartburn and I just felt awful.

I hope you manage to get over your fear and find the strength to get through it when it does happen for you :) just wanted you to know that you're not alone!

See, that sounds like so much to deal with lilmiss! Its natural to get anxious about becoming pregnant again after dealing with all that.

I hope you find the strength to do so too when the time comes. :)

I'm a bit late finding this thread. My DD is turning 2 very soon, and I'm getting married in 4 weeks. I'm starting to think that MAYBE I would possibly like to start thinking about number 2, but I'm so scared.

I was so sick the first time around, hyperemesis until I delivered, I had blood pressure problems, heart palpitations, and then pre eclampsia. And then I had an unpleasant labour and delivery. DD was only 5 pound 9, very tiny at full term and got stuck! She finally came out after my tail bone broke.

I had a really bad experience and up until now I've sworn against ever having another baby.

I also have an anxiety disorder, and I'm very overprotective of my girl. And I'm really scared that if I have another baby I won't be able to care for her while I'm pregnant if I end up so sick again. And then I worry about not having one in one time with her too.

My partner is great and he's ready to start trying after the wedding. But I'm still so scared.

Sorry about all my rambling!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->