• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reasons you SHOULD breastfeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this thread in third tri in case you are all interested- https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/525046-breastfeeding.html#post8944704 (I posted it earlier but it doesn't look like it came through.)

Fab, thanks Bluetea! I'm moving on to 3rd tri on Sunday so I'll see you over there :winkwink: I'm sure I'll think of some new questions over the next 15 weeks!

I'm so glad you posted these threads. It's so important topics like these get discussed so we can get rid of the booby traps.

I'm so glad you posted these threads. It's so important topics like these get discussed so we can get rid of the booby traps.

:rofl: Great pun there! :D

I had a dream last night that I had a little boy and was breastfeeding him as a tiny baby and then when he was about 2 years old, I hope it's a good sign!! I didn't realize even my subconscious thoughts include breastfeeding :haha:

Can I also say that I had terrible postnatal depression when I had my first daughter. Was mentally ill. Couldn't breast feed her either as I wasn't well enough and when I became pregnant again I was told I'd most probably get the depression again. I was so scared of this. I then found a problem with my daughters brain at 20 weeks pregnant which became worse and then at 33 weeks pregnant was offered a termination. Which I no way was going to do as I had already bonded with her and was ready for whatever we had to face. She was born blind, but I decided to breast feed her and I'm so glad I did. Not only did it make me bond so much with my daughter, but also it made my depression so much better. I did not have postnatal depression because of this. Also she started to see and was no longer ill anymore. I know it sounds silly, but I feel that my breast milk saved her life and I'm so looking forward to doing it again :)

Can I also say that I had terrible postnatal depression when I had my first daughter. Was mentally ill. Couldn't breast feed her either as I wasn't well enough and when I became pregnant again I was told I'd most probably get the depression again. I was so scared of this. I then found a problem with my daughters brain at 20 weeks pregnant which became worse and then at 33 weeks pregnant was offered a termination. Which I no way was going to do as I had already bonded with her and was ready for whatever we had to face. She was born blind, but I decided to breast feed her and I'm so glad I did. Not only did it make me bond so much with my daughter, but also it made my depression so much better. I did not have postnatal depression because of this. Also she started to see and was no longer ill anymore. I know it sounds silly, but I feel that my breast milk saved her life and I'm so looking forward to doing it again :)

Wow! cant believe they offered t0o terminate that far on and so glad you went through with it. And sounds like breastfeeding saved you to as I was told I would deficiently have PND after and was told I wasnt allowed to breastfeed that i should take meds before baby to prevent pnd. I didnt take anything I refused and am never happier in my life! I think it helped me.

Wow, that's crazy.... it can't be anything in this post, there wasn't anything controversial!

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/525046-breastfeeding-10.html

about halfway down the page.

I feel so betrayed, and wonder now how many personal stories from other mothers in here are true. But the info provided in both threads came from reputable sources and she really did help a lot of people with genuinely great advice, so please let's none of us disbelieve the facts just because of some unscrupulous actions. In fact, there were plenty of other helpful ladies posting in this thread, and I would be glad to see them still help others. I still believe that it is good to have these kinds of threads in the trimester sections to help those who would otherwise not even think about checking out the special breastfeeding section. I hope this thread can live on even though the other one has been closed.

quoting SC from the thread mentioned above:

OK girls, as the OP is no longer here (and I can't see this thread getting back on topic), I'm going to closed this thread to stop it from getting out of hand.

For those with breastfeeding questions, head over to our Breastfeeding forum. There are plenty of lovely members over there than can help you out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"