Recommend a Blender.....

penguin77

Pround mummy of 2 :-)
Reaction score
I know it's too early for me to start but i'm thinking of getting everything ready so that i'm prepared for when we start weaning.

So.....can you recommend any blenders?
Is it worth getting the Avent Solid Food starter set or not?

Any tips would be appreciated.

xxx

We have a steamer and blender in one. Its great I love it and purrees the food really well. I'll find link in amin

We already had one of those little hand ones and have used that. We already don't need to blend and it was perfectly adequate so I'm glad we didn't buy a more expensive one.

I just use a hand held blender and it does the job fine !

we use the magic bullet. But DH hates making it ourselves so we'll probably end up buying jars :dohh:

I bought a baby prestige one which is ok but now I have a braun hand blender which is ideal for making baby meals and for me blending other stuff so I'd say a hand one would do the trick.The specific baby blenders are ok but with a hand blender you can't go wrong.Hope that helps:0)

I would shop around as the ones specifically aimed at "baby weaning" etc are gonna be considerably more expensive than others:hissy:

A hand blender will be just fine usually but if you only have a small amount then you may struggle.

I have a Braun Multiquick hand blender/chopper set thingy. Was looking for a link for you and they sell this too wow...bargain and you can use this for other cooking too:happydance:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001NFL...ode=asn&creative=7974&creativeASIN=B001NFLNJI

Hiya hun i bought a Lindam mini blender...really cute and did the job :) xx

We also just use the hand blender. We have a cuisinart stainless steel one, which I like because I can sterilize it.
I prefer less clutter and expense, so anything that I can use for baby and have other uses for is preferred!

We just use a Braun hand blender too. Does the job beautifully, and can use it for our food as well.

We just use a Braun hand blender too. Does the job beautifully, and can use it for our food as well.

So you don't have to bother chewing you mean:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I know, I know, you meant for soups and pasta sauces etc:shhh:I was being silly:blush:

:dohh:I really need to "catch up" don't I?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

i only bought a hand blender but got one that had a cup/jug thing with it to use for whizzing it up in, the first time i used it was to whizz up a mixture of meals on being carrot and one being broccoli it stained straight away cost 20 quid i have continued to use it but when i go to my dads we got a 3.99 one from asda and that works just as well for us!!

Lou
xxx

i have a £4 electric hand held from sainsburys, perfect
xx

Thanks for your replies..definitely helped in saving me some money.

So have bought a half decent Philips hand blender for £17 instead of the £35 dedicated weaning one. This one we can use for our stuff too.....to save on the chewing :rofl::rofl:

Thanks again
Claire

i asked the same question months ago hon! i found that any hand blender was great, and i also found that one of the blenders with the lids on works really well as well, as i kept getting covered in food using the hand blender :lol:

we have a glass one from sainsburys but i would recommend anything like this, and you can make up big batches too :D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HR...r_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1247492260&sr=8-1

- i wish we'd got plastic though as i'm not a fan of glass :dohh: xx

i asked the same question months ago hon! i found that any hand blender was great, and i also found that one of the blenders with the lids on works really well as well, as i kept getting covered in food using the hand blender :lol:

we have a glass one from sainsburys but i would recommend anything like this, and you can make up big batches too :D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HR...r_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1247492260&sr=8-1

Already bought the philips hand blender....i guess i'll have to make more clothes washes then .....for both me and Jac :rofl::rofl:

xx

Already bought the philips hand blender....i guess i'll have to make more clothes washes then .....for both me and Jac :rofl::rofl:

xx

Nah....just get a wipe clean pinny/apron:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"