Recommend a carrier/sling!

shamrockerjo

Mum & Wife
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm looking for a new carrier/sling for Maya, we have the BabyBjörn at the moment however Maya is rapidly growing out of it! This time I want something more comfortable for her (and me!) as the BabyBjörn is quite hard. I'm in love with the Connecta carriers however I've just realized baby can't be in the front and face forward, such a shame as Maya is a very curious baby and gets bored if she's only facing my rack basically :haha: So anyhooo.. could you ladies recommend me a sling or a carrier that's comfy for both baby and mama, allows baby to face forward in the front, looks pretty and preferably has buckles as well? Thanks! :flower: xx

Front facing isn't recommended for babies in any sling.

https://www.slingguide.co.uk/frontcarries.php

The whole sling guide site is well worth a read, also loads of info on natural mamas.

Try and find your local sling meet and the mamas there will be able to help you find something that is right for you.

I cant add more than tiggercats has said, but i do hear where you are coming from as my lo LOVED facing out in the bjorn, I then borrowed a connecta from a friend to see what the fuss was about and lo loved that too so I bought a Maya Tie which is a mei tai with wrap-style straps and I love it, I cant face him out but I could do a hip or back or front carry and when i do front carry him he is more than able to peek out at what happening.
Editted to add 2 photos from my weekend away in Paris, as you can see Gabriel was quite happy and looking all round him. Im not saying get *this* sling Im just saying that slings that dont face forward are actually quite nice :)

Attachments

• IMG_8747.jpg
    IMG_8747.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9187x.jpg
    IMG_9187x.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads