Recommend baby wearing gear to me please!

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I have a 6 month old daughter and I'm looking at getting a new baby carrier, wrap.. etc.

I am petite (5'1) and I find carrying Elyse for long periods of time to be a bit hard on my back.

I have an Eddie Bauer baby carrier (similar to Baby Bjorn & Snuglis) and it feels awesome, I can barely feel Elyse's weight and it's comfortable to wear. I'd like another though as this one's not very fashionable, lol.

I had a wrap-type one but after an accident with bleach, I'm not using it anymore and have sent it to nana's in case she decides she'd like to use it with Elyse.

I would prefer to buy one that will be comfortable for me when Elyse gets larger (she's probably around 15-16lbs right now). I don't like the sling style, used it while she was a newborn and it's not comfortable for us anymore/she tries to sit up in it and lean out (wanted to see if it was still usable or if I should put it away after not using it for a couple months.. it's packed up now!)

If you recommend one brand over all others I would love to know why also :)

My absolute favorite is my babyhawk, Hayden will be 2 in a few days and I still use it for him, mostly on my back now but he can be on my front comfortably too

Have you thought about a Mei Tai? Babyhawk are very popular with the girls on here (I have one and love it and my LO is A LOT heavier than Elyse :blush:).

I used to have a Baby Bjorn carrier but LO outgrew it so tried a Moby Wrap and another soft buckle carrier and loved the Moby but due to LO's weight the material would slouch a little after wearing for a while. I didn't get on with a sling when LO was a newborn.

If you want a carrier that is going to last you through to Toddler then I'd definately recommend a Mei Tai! :D

I have only tried a Babyhawk but love it...there are so many out there though! Lot's of WAHM's make them....not sure of manufacturers in Canada but do a search on Google.

Babyhawk make custom ones and they're great. I'd like to get one made BUT there is just TOO much choice of fabrics for me to decide what to get :blush:

HTH's a bit xxxx

What about a wrap like the moby wrap? They are nice.

I'm still trying to figure out how to put my moby wrap on lol, everytime I try to practice Cassidy wakes up and starts crying so I can't concentrate!

i would defo recommend a moby wrap!! once you get used to wrappping it it's very supportive and funky too!!!! i love mine!!

sara

xxx

I'm still trying to figure out how to put my moby wrap on lol, everytime I try to practice Cassidy wakes up and starts crying so I can't concentrate!

Have you watched the videos on you tube on how to do it and then practised in front of a mirror hun? I always used to use the mirror with my Moby if I was at home!

TBH, I struggled without using one!! :blush:

(You probably have but I just thought it might help if you don't?).

xx

The only thing with a moby is that although it might be comfy now as your lo gets heavier and wrigglier youll find its less and less supportive for you where as something like a woven wrap by girasol, didymos, ellevill will last you for however long you want to use it and always be gorgeously comfy ! :)

I got a calin bleu second hand and love it so far. I really want a connecta, it's a Mei Tai but with buckles instead of wrapping. I'd say have a look on ebay on Monday, it's free listing day tomorrow so everyone will be selling all their stuff (I'm getting all our stuff on there tomorrow) so come Monday if there are any bargains to be had they'll be up :)

i have a mei tai from my blessed baby and it is really comfy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->