Recommend me a book?

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
Anyone? Im struggling to get into anything at the minute. I've just swapped 6 of my read books for 6 new ones in the telephone box library up the road and none are holding my attention.

Can anyone please recommend me something that I won't be able to put down? I'll read pretty much anything although I do prefer books set in the present or at least not too far in the past. Thanks :)

I have just finished reading Body Double by Tess Gerritsen. It was amazing and such suspense all the way through! :)

That sounds good Bev I enjoy books that keep you guessing! X

one of my favourite books ever is shadow of the wind by carlos ruiz zafon, i couldn't put it down the first time i read and have since read it again and again! it's set in the spanish civil war though, i dunno if that's recent enough :haha:

the most recent book i read was a little life by hanya yanagihara and i struggled to sleep at night because i wanted to be finishing the book :haha:

The last book I really enjoyed was State of Wonder by Ann Patchett.

Thanks ladies ive ordered A Little Life and Body Double will order the others when I've read these ☺

let me know what you think of a little life! :)

i'm going to try and get back to reading this year, just bought tin man by sarah winman for my first book of 2018 :)

I will do! Does anyone have a kindle? Im debating getting one because the only time I get to read is in the bath or In bed and the baby is such a light sleeper thst even the bedside lamp on its dimmest setting wakes her. Was thinking with a kindle i could hide under the covers or even read when she wakes for a night feed?

i've got a kindle and dunno what i would do without it now. the only thing is it doesn't have a backlight so i still need a light when reading it. i think that might be because it's an older model though? the newer ones might have a light. they are fab for reading in the bath.

i finished tin man in one sitting tonight (DD's at her dad's so i've got a bit of time spare :haha:) - couldn't put it down! loved it :)

Anything by Jean Sasson. She rights biographies for woman in the Middle East who want to tell their stories. They are heartbreaking, cruel and brutal. A real eye opener to woman's lack of rights. If you can make it through, the Princess series is a good one.

I love James Patterson. Also did you read Room? It’s not new, but I recently read it and loved it!

I used to be anti Kindle, I considered it sacrilege. Now it is the item I'd save if my house was on fire :haha:. So great for breastfeeding, you can make the lighting really low on it.

I used to be anti Kindle, I considered it sacrilege. Now it is the item I'd save if my house was on fire :haha:. So great for breastfeeding, you can make the lighting really low on it.

I think id just worry about dropping it in the tub! I know what you mean, I just love the smell of books and anticipating the next page but I'm just not getting to read as much as I'd like...Nellie is such a needy baby!

I think id just worry about dropping it in the tub! I know what you mean, I just love the smell of books and anticipating the next page but I'm just not getting to read as much as I'd like...Nellie is such a needy baby!

Pretty sure the only way I survived DD1 was having my Kindle :haha:. Super needy and sometimes you need to feel like you're doing something for you, not just holding a child who you're pretty sure wants to drive you insane. I have a waterproof bag thing for mine, I use it when I'm in the bath although I hold my arm out away from the bath.

Is anyone singed up to bookbub? I get emails everyday with book reccomendations through amazon, books mostly all 99p or free i have around 7 waiting for me to read on my kindle!

I just use the Kindle app on my phone or iPad. Michael McIntyre (if that's how you spell his name!), his book is hilarious, I couldn't put it down and couldn't stop laughing out loud. I almost cried at points because it made me laugh so much.
Talking with serial killers, if you're into that. Or Picking up the pieces, and jigsaw man again if you like real crime stories.
My friend wrote a good book - Volcano, available on Amazon.
The girl on the train, that was ok, the film was crap.
All the street cat Bob books, love those.
The Indian in the cupboard, children's book but still love it, also the wishing chair books.
Talk to the tail and the other books by Tom Cox, hilarious.
George's marvellous medicine ...

Barbara Kingsolver

Poisonwood bible
Flight Behaviour

Amazingly interesting characters

I just finished Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng, it was a really great read. Next up is Her Body and Other Parties by Carmen Maria Machado, haven't started it yet but it gets great reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->