Recommend me a co-sleeper

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
We have always coslept. In the past i never had any fear over what could potentially happen to the baby, though with my first we had one of this mini cosleeper thingys that fit into the bed with you. But as time goes on i realize i dont know anything about SAFE cosleeping. We always just put the baby in the middle (kept blankets and pillows totally away from the baby) but apparently that isn't safe...so yeah, can someone recommend me a cosleeper. Either one that sits next to the bed (and level with it) or one that actually goes in the bed. We have a bassinet but i would rather have something that is right next to me since I BF. Also, if it helps any we recently bought a king size bed, so we have much more room on the actual bed than we did before (with our queen).

Also if anyone has any good links to a safety checklist for cosleeping, please attach them. :flower:

I do not want this to turn into a debate about cosleeping. We DO and we will continue to cosleep, i just want to make sure im doing it safely

I love my arms reach mini cosleeper, attaches tightly to bed, mesh sides, getting ready to make it through a third baby!

I love my arms reach mini cosleeper, attaches tightly to bed, mesh sides, getting ready to make it through a third baby!

I thought about getting that with DS2 and then decided not to. (wasn't sure if i would get my moneys worth or not).

How old was your LO before you had to transition out of that? Does the baby fit in it for a while? I thought it looked small but i only ever saw pictures of it, so maybe its not as small as i think. I would def reconsider it for this one.

This is the one I've put on my registry :) cheap & space saver!

https://www.target.com/p/summer-infant-by-your-side-sleeper/-/A-13680579#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink

I second the arms reach mini co-sleeper. Just like another PP said plus the mini is not huge and moves around the room easily if you want to move it from one side of the bed to another.

If you think the arms reach mini is too small, you can get the full size arms reach, they make one that converts to a playyard as well. Any cosleeper you will have to transition out of when they
Can pull up, but I really love mine. It can be attached to the bed or you can unattach, pop the side up, and roll it anywhere. You can also get a conversion kit to raise the height if needed.
Honestly, after the first couple weeks my baby just stayed in bed with me, but the cosleeper removed any fear of baby ever rolling or shifting off bed.

If the thought of a cosleeper still doesn't work for you, you can always try something like the 'humanity family sleeper'. Google it, or an infant safe bed rail that clamps directly to the mattress tightly leaving no gaps.

I ordered this one from Amazon. Can't say that I've used it, but it has great reviews.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004V23YKQ/

I had a moses basket last time, but I never really used it. My babies usually just sleep in my arms while I'm sleeping. I'm a really light sleeper after I have a baby, so I was never worried about crushing them or anything. I worry more about SIDS. I just prefer them to be close enough so that I can see or hear if something's wrong. At least for the first few months.

I really just picked up this one because it was cheaper than a moses basket, and it was an option if I wanted to put her in it while I'm uploading pics on my laptop or something. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->