Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Can I ask a question please to all ladies who have had testing down. After my late loss dr's took 7 vials of bloods from me to try and establish what had caused loss. Pm on baby showed that had Downs. Advised that this had caused m/c and nothing mentioned about finding anything with my bloods. Then took bloods from both me and hubby to rule out any of us being a carrier for Downs. (will get results in a few weeks). Does anyone know if these bloods would normally pick up any other chromosome problems.

Can I ask a question please to all ladies who have had testing down. After my late loss dr's took 7 vials of bloods from me to try and establish what had caused loss. Pm on baby showed that had Downs. Advised that this had caused m/c and nothing mentioned about finding anything with my bloods. Then took bloods from both me and hubby to rule out any of us being a carrier for Downs. (will get results in a few weeks). Does anyone know if these bloods would normally pick up any other chromosome problems.

Hi
I wanted to ask you how far along was your baby when u miscarried? Here's some research that I found that may help you..............

In an ultrasound they will look for "soft markers" such as a missing nasal bone, and they can do a nuchal translucency if you are not too far along. I think 19 weeks is deadline for the nucal translucency, which measures the folds in the back of ur babe's neck. If they find a soft marker in ultrasound, they will ask u to do a quad screen which will tell u your chances of having a baby with down's. The screening measures the amount of 4 hormones produced by the placenta, fetus, and ovaries, and gives u an estimate on your chances. 1 in 2000 I think is the norm. If the quad comes back with an abnormal reading, they will suggest a more invasive test called an amniocentises, in which they will extract some of baby's amniotic fluid to test. This test is 99% accurate. Hope this helps a little!

cinders, the blood will be taken for genetic testing, so it will most likely look for any chromosonal problems. :hugs:

Cinders, I think they might be looking for a specific gene but it is probably best to ask your doctor. The 'normal' genetic testing for recurrent miscarriage is either karyotyping which looks for translocated chromosomes (reread the past few pages discussion on this) or the thrombophilia screen which looks at specific gene mutations to do with clotting. My guess is that your first 7 vials of blood were to look for these (and possibly APS while they were at it). It's definitely worth asking your doc what the results were even if it is just to lay your mind at rest that these are not further issues to deal with. Xxx

Thanks ladies, will check with consultant when I get results back in few weeks. At time I never thought to ask as was taking in info of what I had been told.

Goodgirl 35 - started as twins. Two heartbeats but scan at 9 weeks showed only one baby. Then scan at 16 weeks showed that other baby had died around a week before at 15 weeks.

Thanks ladies, will check with consultant when I get results back in few weeks. At time I never thought to ask as was taking in info of what I had been told.

Goodgirl 35 - started as twins. Two heartbeats but scan at 9 weeks showed only one baby. Then scan at 16 weeks showed that other baby had died around a week before at 15 weeks.

Oh my....I'm so sorry to hear that. I was 4 months pregnant when I went into early silent labor and i delivered with the baby still moving. I pray that they give you all the answers you're looking for.

Okay....I've been researching again. My Obg talked to me about me may having this syndrome.....But tested negative for it too.

Antiphospholipid syndrome (APS) is a disorder that manifests clinically as recurrent venous or arterial thrombosis and/or fetal loss.

He explained that its a syndrome that attacks the fetus once it detects the heartbeat.

Ask your Doctors about this as well. A friend of mine had this and had to take a baby aspirin along with heparin daily. I read where a lot of women has had successful pregnancies when both the aspirin and heparin are taken together.

If you have blood clots during pregnancies why not ask your doctor about this as well. I can't believe all the success stories I just got done reading!

Hi everyone, everything is good I got to hear and see the heart beat..... I have never so far seen anything at all at any of my previous scans, a few tears were shed....
So I am measuring at 6 weeks 3 days, thats the furthest along ever so I am hoping that it continues in the right direction. Its either my thyroid medication or the asprin thats helping.., since these are the only new meds this time.
I hope you are all doing well., you have been amazing support to me so far.
stardust thats wonderful news!
All the waiting is a killer in this trying to have a baby, my head was done in waiting this past 7 days..
the epu are going to monitor me with weekly scans for the meantime, which is a huge relief.....

So glad it went well & that you're being looked after really well :flower:

Ok girls, a bit more good news for you, I got a faint + on IC on Monday & have tested the past 2 days too & it's getting darker. I called the EPU & have a scan booked for 16th May, I should be 6+6 by then. I also called my Drs & got a blood test for tomorrow morning, so all being well I'll know by tomorrow evening if everything is OK so far.

:thumbup: Lynn!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, too fxfxfx
Lots of healthy beans in here, that's what we want!!!

Lynnb that's excellent.., take it easy and hoping it all goes smoothly for you and dh..
Wondering who will be next... Xxxx

congrats lynneb, keeping fingers crossed for happy healthy 9 months

great news mandy, congrats. x

5 days till I can test. please pray ladies I get a sticky bean!!! please!! I really need some hope!!

Lynn have everything crossed for you.

9babiesgone saying a little prayer for you that this is your time.

9babies, did you get the results from your tests? If not and you do fall pregnant, does your doctor have a plan for you now? Xxx

Lynnb - that's great news. Congratulations, keeping my fx'd.

9 babies, hope you get your BFP and that your gp has a plan in place for you, are you testing with EPT? Good luck. The 2ww is a bitch x.

havent got the results from the chromsone ones. but I believe I posted this before. I have very low progesterone, am anemic, and my january loss, was tested, and it had edwards syndrome. my genetic testing is still out, bc it takes awhile to get it back. his plan would be progesterone supplementation, high folic acid pills, and iron pills.

9babies, sorry to hear about the Edwards syndrome :( poor little one.
I'm glad you have a plan for your next pregnancy. Wishing you all the best and a speedy bfp!

thanks. I was devastated when I heard that. and that wasnt even my latest loss,b ut was the farthest I got and lost. 12 weeks!! :cry:

poor baby.
eh. I am doing ok. I think I Might be knocked up bc I am never this down in the dumps, for so many days, in awhile. I mean I have depression, but it is worse now, and it usually only gets worse when I am pregnant. the hormones. so I am hoping this is a good sign, though if it is it is a sucky sign. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->