Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Hi Ladies.

I've been taking a break from the site for a while, but though I'd jump back on. How is everyone doing
I'm still hanging around in limbo waiting for my appt with Prof Quenby on 13th May and have been baby dancing past couple of days and due to start my progesterone therapy again tonight, so here I go back to the 2ww - joy!!!

xxx

Hi Karentia

Welcome, sorry you had to find this thread and so sorry for your losses, I hope you find sharing your experiences on here of comfort.

Sending hugs xxx

I'm a bit annoyed lately as this cycle looks like it's going to be the second anovulatory in a row. I'm CD30 today and no sign of anything remotely fertile!!! I'm also starting to feel some hypothyroid symptoms creeping back in. I'm having a check up with my endo on Wednesday so I will see what my levels show. I will be mentioning my lack of ovulation to him for sure. It's so bloody frustrating cos I know time ain't on my side. Grrrrr

I havent yet tested, but my opks that I have left over are really dark!!! can you tell if you are pregnant by an opk!!! bc my last date of ovulation was april 18th. and I am out of the 2ww now.

:hugs::hugs::hugs: to the girls who need them

fluffyblue I thought all clotting disorders were inherited :wacko: probably wrong though

9babiesgone, yes you can. One of my friends got a dark positive on her OPK but I pursuaded her to do a test and she got a BFP.

I havent yet tested, but my opks that I have left over are really dark!!! can you tell if you are pregnant by an opk!!! bc my last date of ovulation was april 18th. and I am out of the 2ww now.

I don't know when OPKs would pick up HCG, you need to :test:

yeah bc I got a really dark opk, and there is no way I could be ovulating, bc I already did april 18th. and my period is due tomorrow!
I am waiting to go out with my mom to get a real test!!!

You can ovulate twice in a month, but I really really hope this is going to be your BFP with a lovely sticky baby

Goodgirl, tasha mentioned she was on clexane along with aspirin. Clexane is a brand of low molecular weight heparin. So the treatment for clotting was there.

I don't mean any harm to you Petitpas, BUT I was definitely talking to Tasha. I didn't need your reply on this.

I see why a lot of people hardly want to post bc some people try to dominate others on here and take over.

I guess the next time I will direct all questions to you instead of the people that I'm asking the questions to.

I'm trying to find out all the info that I can about miscarriages and give back some of the things that I have read about as well and have been told.

I will think twice before I openly post on here again. No harm meant, but I'm not the type to hold my feelings in.

Goodgirl, I have been biting my tongue because I don't think a forum about loss is the right place to argue with anyone. But since you opened up about your feelings first, I will follow: I would like to say that I feel that a lot of the information you post is misguided. Yes, I realise that you have been through a lot and it is natural to try and educate yourself. Goodness me, I'm a big one for googling, too! But I found it insensitive to post a generic nuchal scan blurb to cinders who had just found out with the post mortem that her baby had downs. The same with Tasha: she obviously has had some treatment for clotting and is awaiting the results of Riley Rae's post mortem, but it seemed to me that you were throwing the first info at her that you could find without reading through her post and trying to aim your reply a bit more specifically. Especially since just a little while ago you were trying to warn everyone in here off aspirin...

I apologise to Tasha for cutting in - that was indeed very rude of me so thank you for pointing that out, goodgirl. I apologise for upsetting you, goodgirl, as no person going through what we do needs upsetting and yet I know that what I am writing is not very nice. Finally, I apologise to all the other ladies on here for creating an awkward moment.

Now I will take myself back to my journal where I can dominate all I like.

petitpas :hugs::hugs::hugs: please dont leave this thread you have helped me immensely, and I am really interested in your thoughts. Believe me when I say that you have made a difference to me and how I will approach things should I get pregnant again. If you dont want to reply, or give your thoughts on here then feel free to pm me. Oh and you have no need to apologise to me AT ALL. :hugs::hugs:

Goodgirl, tasha mentioned she was on clexane along with aspirin. Clexane is a brand of low molecular weight heparin. So the treatment for clotting was there.

I don't mean any harm to you Petitpas, BUT I was definitely talking to Tasha. I didn't need your reply on this.

I see why a lot of people hardly want to post bc some people try to dominate others on here and take over.

I guess the next time I will direct all questions to you instead of the people that I'm asking the questions to.

I'm trying to find out all the info that I can about miscarriages and give back some of the things that I have read about as well and have been told.

I will think twice before I openly post on here again. No harm meant, but I'm not the type to hold my feelings in.

Goodgirl, I have been biting my tongue because I don't think a forum about loss is the right place to argue with anyone. But since you opened up about your feelings first, I will follow: I would like to say that I feel that a lot of the information you post is misguided. Yes, I realise that you have been through a lot and it is natural to try and educate yourself. Goodness me, I'm a big one for googling, too! But I found it insensitive to post a generic nuchal scan blurb to cinders who had just found out with the post mortem that her baby had downs. The same with Tasha: she obviously has had some treatment for clotting and is awaiting the results of Riley Rae's post mortem, but it seemed to me that you were throwing the first info at her that you could find without reading through her post and trying to aim your reply a bit more specifically. Especially since just a little while ago you were trying to warn everyone in here off aspirin...

I apologise to Tasha for cutting in - that was indeed very rude of me so thank you for pointing that out, goodgirl. I apologise for upsetting you, goodgirl, as no person going through what we do needs upsetting and yet I know that what I am writing is not very nice. Finally, I apologise to all the other ladies on here for creating an awkward moment.

Now I will take myself back to my journal where I can dominate all I like.

And you know everything right??? I think not. I am no doctor. What I posted was from a website that I got info on about downs. I never stated that is was my scan. Reread again. You have no right or room to correct me on anything. I read and google just like everyone else.

My intents are to NEVER make anyone on here feel bad. All the hot air all because you've been holding it in. Oh my......:dohh:

Say what you must when necessary. When I post, I share my stories, friends experiences, and what I google.

Yes, I'm against aspirin because of what it did to me, BUT LIKE IN SOME OF MY EARLIER POST, I stated it works for some but not for everybody. I'm one of the ones IT DIDN'T work for. I read and talked to a friend about her clotting and she stated she had taken heparin along with aspirin and it worked for her and others from different websites stated it worked for their clotting. I DO NOT HAVE A CLOTTING PROBLEM. ASPIRIN IS ALSO GIVEN TO PEOPLE WITH SEVERE HYPERTENSION TO HELP THIN THE BLOOD. IT THINNED MY BLOOD SO SEVERE, I DEFINITELY WOULDN'T WANT ANYONE ELSE ON HERE TO GO THROUGH THAT OR EVEN WORSE. Doctors MAKES MISTAKES TOO!

However, I'm feel very comfortable about what I put on here and wouldn't take any of it back. From now on when I post you can move on to the next and over look what I POST, which you won't have to worry about b/c I WILL NOT BE POSTING ON HERE UNTIL I'M POSTING ABOUT A SUCCESSFUL STORY!!! You always got something to say whenever I post and that's why I addressed the issue.

I am fine as far as my miscarriages. Time heals all wounds and only GOD has the answers to all our questions. Posting is a way of shedding light in dark passages. Asking questions is what I do and giving feedback when necessary. If I can't speak life on a situation, I definitely wouldn't post such negative remarks!

I apologize if I made you upset. Now moving on!

If I posted anything on here that made anyone feel down, I'm sincerely so sorry.

Yesterday I went to my doctor and got my myoma checked up. I was told to start TTC but if i get another miscarriage they will probably have to take the myoma away, and that means the wait for another baby gets longer. Keep your fingers crossed for me please! And i really hope you all get a baby next year!

Hi Petitpas

Please don't leave this thread :(

xxx

Crikey. Bit of an atmosphere on here presently.

Pip - Don't leave this thread my lovely. You know you don't want to, although everyone should come and visit your journal as I for one always enjoy your positivism and hilarious stories about stinky the cat!

Welcome to the thread Karentia.

Hope nobody is leaving the thread.

We are still awaiting all these flipping blood results, 8th June, seems like ages away. Did any of you ladies TTC while waiting, i really want to try once AF comes but that would be naughty wouldnt it? :blush:

Coco, with all of my early miscarriages I TTC right away, with Honey I knew that I would TTC again but wasnt ready until 12 weeks after, with Riley Rae I should wait until her post mortem results, whether I will or not is another story :blush:

I know what you mean about it being so long, we have our next appointment on the 21st June where we will get her results and blood results etc, it seems so far. :hugs::hugs:

shows how ignorant I am to all of this didn't think it would take so long to get results back. Do you get any results back quicker, I can understand the hormone and chromosome ones but what about the vitamin and thyroid and those types of ones which I 'think' are more routine? Educate me ladies I have no idea what is going on, like most of you I never thought I'd been down this road so have no idea where to look for answers.
Does anyone have any good website suggestion?

Also this is a place to find information and support, I have heard abit about people have arguments on here. you may not agree with each other, or have had different experiences but we all have our own experiences and none of that is wrong, it makes me sad to see a place i go for comfort, support and advice to head down this road

Coco and Tasha.

I too am guilty of TTC when I was told to wait for my results, I just don't want to miss an opportunity.

Unfortunately, it's never worked out for me so far, but I am still trying while I await my appt with Prof Quenby in the hope of getting steroids.

If I get my BFP this month I am on the progesterone and aspirin anyway, then fx'd this will be my time.

I really hate all the waiting, it's just awful, after my ectopic, everyone was saying I needed to wait 3 months but gyno/ob said because of my track record to start asap, as time isn't really on my side, especially now I've only got the one damn tube :(

I think it's a personal choice and I am wishing you both all the luck in the world in getting that BFP soon and some answers from your appts.

Sending hugs :)

Thanks Tasha, you really have had a tough journey, you are a very strong person to have gone through all that but are still able to help and support others, i truely admire you. I hope you get the results back soon.

I really want to TTC when AF, i will be due to OV when we are away on holiday to Italy, just feel as if i would be naughty as Dr said "you should avoid getting pregnant while waiting for the results.

Just waiting, some of the blood tests come back within a few days, i was tolf my chromosome ones take 6-8weeks and i had babies sent for karotyping after D&C and was told this takes 8 weeks. clotting tests i was tolf 3-4 weeks, but my consultant just sent me an appointment for 8 weeks post D&C as she said ALL results should be in then and we could go from there.

Thanks LeeC. Its really hard to wait and i think it would keep me going having something to focus on.

I hope you get a BFP this month. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"