recurrent thrush

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by louise1302, Apr 25, 2009.

1. louise1302

louise1302 mum to FIVE boys :)

archie got thrush 3 weeks ago and i was given nystatin drops...it cleared up and i finished the couse

last week he got it again another course of nystatin which i finished 2 days ago

he was a bit fussy yesterday and i put it down to his jabs but bloodyhell hes got up this morning with those now familiar white blisters all over his lips and isnt feeding again( i know it doesnt bother some babies but his is really sore too)

why does it keep on happening?

am really fussy about cleaning his bottles theyre washed with hot soapy water air dried then steam sterilised. the min his dummy falls anywhere but onto him i get a fresh one sterilised and noone puts fingers in his mouth or anything like that

is there anything else i can do?? or any other treatment i can ask for
    atm im waiting for a gp to ring me so i can get him started on some more drops...typical it always happens at bloody weekend

2. mari72

mari72 Well-Known Member

A web site that i looked at when my daughter had thrush recommended boil/high temp wash for bedding and clothes etc as the fungus spores can live in the fabric so maybe you could try that.