Red bleeding- 2 sacs ...Final update post 137!

My sac never got a yolk in its sac that anyone could see and I had various scans in first trimester so it might not all be bad.

Called EPAU this morning. No scan slots left but they have done a hCG blood test. Waiting on results. My levels last week on Tuesday were 8231.

Pretty unsympathetic and lacking in communication skills. Got told at least 3 times "If a miscarriage is gonna happen, it will happen, nothing you can do about it."

Also got told that i'd still see normal doubling in hCG with a twin pregnancy where one twin is failing. Surely the levels wouldn't double if I were moving from 2 embryo's to 1? I'll worry about that when I get the levels.

Other "useful" information I got after I told them no clots or pain...."every miscarriage is different"...what a great way to put a downer on things!! And there's no way its a sub-choronic haematoma as its too early and the baby doesn't have a placenta yet. ..... Guess all the ladies on the interwebs who got told they had them at 6 weeks were lied to then?

Tbh the impression I got from this morning was "Go away and go miscarry and come back when you've finished."

awwwww sorry you feel like that i know its hard and the staff at the hosptial are so busy they forgot about deep emotional feelings sometimes,

can you book a private scan for reassurance ?

I'll see what they say when they call back with levels later on. I'm not sure how much reassurance a scan would give at this point. Its just as likely to tell me things are ending for 1 or both babies.

i had a scan last wednesday at 6 weeks and i saw heartbeat and everything as it should ?

yeah wait for betas then see hope your okay x

they sound quite insensitive, those hospital people :/
Fingers crossed that everything will go well for you and your little ones :hugs:

Firstly complain, there is no way any nurse or midwife should treAt you that way! they have a duty if care.

Secondly, is there any other hospitals near? I called loads when I lost a baby, one 30 miles always agreed to see me, so that may be an option?

Have they arranged a scan fur tomorrow or just left you?

I think insensitivity happens a lot with health care professionals. They were all lovely last time, when I was quick to accept that baby was gone and just got on with the practicalities of miscarriage.

But this time when there's hope, when the pregnancy could go either way, when I have hope..... they seem to lack any compassion. I don't want to hear everything is going to be ok when i might not be, but I also don't want to be told there's no chance when I know for a fact there is.

I think insensitivity happens a lot with health care professionals. They were all lovely last time, when I was quick to accept that baby was gone and just got on with the practicalities of miscarriage.

But this time when there's hope, when the pregnancy could go either way, when I have hope..... they seem to lack any compassion. I don't want to hear everything is going to be ok when i might not be, but I also don't want to be told there's no chance when I know for a fact there is.

It flies happen a lot and I can imagine it's frustrating for them because they cannot prevent miscarriage, but they should always have compassion, there is no way would treat someone like that and I have complained before about staffs poor attitudes.

There is still plenty of hope to be had in your case, is there a scan booked for tomorrow? If not call them up and say whatever the results say you want a scan tomorrow.

Firstly complain, there is no way any nurse or midwife should treAt you that way! they have a duty if care.

Secondly, is there any other hospitals near? I called loads when I lost a baby, one 30 miles always agreed to see me, so that may be an option?

They are gonna "make a plan" based on hCG levels.

I'll have a look at nearby hospitals and see if there are any I can reach (Don't drive and public transport sucks around here).

They are gonna "make a plan" based on hCG levels.

I'll have a look at nearby hospitals and see if there are any I can reach (Don't drive and public transport sucks around here).

Awwww pants, sucks when particularity stands in the way, I've bled today again, and I have all the kids and school runs and parents evening/afternoon so I'm just argh.

We usually go to a toddler group on Monday's but missing that today, the rest of the week though I have nursery runs. I'm trying to "take it easy" but its pretty impossible when you've already got kids. They spent most of the summer doing not a lot during the last miscarriage so I don't want to put them through all that again.

We usually go to a toddler group on Monday's but missing that today, the rest of the week though I have nursery runs. I'm trying to "take it easy" but its pretty impossible when you've already got kids. They spent most of the summer doing not a lot during the last miscarriage so I don't want to put them through all that again.

Yeah so true, when you already have kids the world Carrys on regardless. :hugs: hope you get those results soon, will it be today?

Last week I had bloods done at 9:30 and results phone in around 1pm. So hoping for similar speed today.

hCG levels 30,000. After popping it into a calculator that's a doubling time of 77.2hours. Which since they say that after hCG levels of 6000 the doubling time goes down to 86 hours is pretty good. So yay!

But they still don't want to do an earlier scan. Cos "we need the time to pass to see any growth". and they "can't guarantee there will still be two sacs there next week".

It could be a vanishing twin, but it's important to know that if you lose one it should have absolutely no affect on the other. I was told this was happening to me at my 6 week scan, doctors were very negative to me as well. I'm 13 weeks now and 3 scans later both twins are doing great.

I have no words for the treatment you seem to be receiving!
I'm so sorry that this is happening and seems to be being made worse by their complete lack of compassion or care. Thinking of you xx

Erm... Your hospital sounds retarted. I had a subchronic hematoma at 6 weeks from the baby implanting, ad bled out huge gushes. So you CAN have ahematoma befre there is a placenta.
Yay on hcg doubling!

Glad to hear the numbers look good but disgusted by the way the EPU are treating you. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->