Red bleeding- 2 sacs ...Final update post 137!

Glad your HCG levels are going up.
I would be going else where to get a scan, the way the hospital is treating you just isn't on.
Look forward to hearing more good news!

I've looked around and there are no private scan places that are reachable and affordable and no NHS places that are reachable and accept self referrals. There's just no way I can afford £80 for a scan and another £15 on public transport this close to Christmas for the sake of a few days.

I'm up to my 5th or 6th gush episode. The bleeding is still following the pattern of: Bright red gush....orange spotting...nothing. But the gushes are getting smaller and the spotting is getting browner, so whatever the issue is it seems to be resolving. I'm pretty certain I'm miscarrying the smaller sac, I just hope that my body will reabsorb the tissue rather than trying to expel it as I've so far passed no tissue or clots.

Wish this was smooth sailing for you. You're my favourite poster ever and I Wish this was easy for you x

Have you tried calling your GP? If not call up and ask for a telephone appointments, tell him the whole story, and say you're i a state, worried to do anything, not sleeping and you need to know what's going in. He/she can push for an appointments sooner, you cannot go in worrying that long, you will make yourself ill.

I really don't think it would make any difference. The GP who referred me originally needed some convincing so I doubt she'd be pushy enough. I reckon all it would lead to was a conversation between GP and nurse about how neurotic I am!!

I'm just gonna hold onto the fact the bleeding is slowing, my hcg levels are were they should be and there's a good chance that one baby is holding on in there.

I hear there's a 5% chance of finding heartbeat with a doppler at 7 weeks so I can entertain myself with that from Friday.

:hugs: I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out well, best of luck with the scan x

aww I hate how hit and miss EPU'S are, mine dependant on mw and indeed sonographer can be amazing. I'm really sorry they're treating you that way its unfair! I don't think they see the urgency we feel in needing to know one way or another, especially when there are previous losses. Although i understand that they need to give the lo's time to play catch up I feel two weeks is far too long!

I have everything crossed for you x

I don't think they really get how we feel at all. I could completely understand if I'd had the bleed and then the scan why I'd need to wait for 2 weeks. But the first scan was more than 24hours before the bleeding started. So surely a scan 4 or 5 days later would still have shown the possible cause of the bleeding and if the smaller sac has collapsed and come away. Yeah it might not have been far enough apart to demonstrate growth and viability of the pregnancy.....

...I'm ranting again! I'm gonna save up all my rants and blog about it when we finally have told OH's side of the family and I might even mention the EPAU by name so when anyone searches them my rants appear in google.

On the plus point bleeding has completely stopped, not even spotting for at least 3 hours.

I think you're right. DH gets really frustrated by them and indeed I wonder why even work in early pregnancy if you don't have the skill set to deal with patients that are possibly going through a loss. Compassion is a must for a job like that.

If I'm honest they were the same with me up until I got taken on by my RMC consultant, all I have to do is mention his name and they become much more helpful.

I just know I'm going to be ranting this time tomorrow, I have a scan and I know full well that it will be about a week behind but they insist on going by lmp but because this little one was a bit of a surprise I can't tweak my lmp date to get the right match up.... sigh... never mind!

I just know I'm going to be ranting this time tomorrow, I have a scan and I know full well that it will be about a week behind but they insist on going by lmp but because this little one was a bit of a surprise I can't tweak my lmp date to get the right match up.... sigh... never mind!

Every medical person I have come into contact who has asked for my LMP I have told them and then very quickly followed it up with 'but I don't ovulate until around day 20' which all of them have accepted and have adjusted dates accordingly.
If it was an oopsie then I'm assuming you're not completely certain of your exact date of ovulation but I think it's worth mentioning that you don't follow the 14 day rule to save them telling you you're measuring behind and being all negative etc :hugs:

Every medical person I have come into contact who has asked for my LMP I have told them and then very quickly followed it up with 'but I don't ovulate until around day 20' which all of them have accepted and have adjusted dates accordingly.
If it was an oopsie then I'm assuming you're not completely certain of your exact date of ovulation but I think it's worth mentioning that you don't follow the 14 day rule to save them telling you you're measuring behind and being all negative etc :hugs:
Yes I will mention it, the mw that I spoke to on the phone is really not very helpful so... my cycles since having my ds have been 31 days but I only got a very very faint + at day 31 so I'm thinking I ovd more on cd 20+
Thanks for the input hun :hugs:

Sorry for the hijack x

since people O different and everyone is not always sure when they conceived, this is why the due date is a guesstimate, they give a safe way for two weeks before your actual due date and two weeks after. So the date they give you is actually just a date, anything up to two weeks before or after is safe to deliver.

For me personally, I don't place too much importance on my actual due date because I just think the baby will come when it's good and ready. The reason I've made a point of telling people is that I didn't want anyone to think I was measuring a week behind and that there was possibly something wrong with the pregnancy when actually it's just because I ovulate a week later than what the books say :)

Sorry Celesse, we're hijacking your thread xx

I don't mind the hyjack.

With DS I had no LMP. I hadn't had a period since before DD was born and even if I'd used her DOB it would still have put me as having a 3 month old baby when she was conceived. Some professionals were better at others at listening to when I conceived. Last pregnancy LMP was about 10 days out and no one listened. This pregnancy they kinda listened when I turned up with my fertility friends print out.

I only think it matters when it comes to consenting for induction and since I won't be consenting for induction unless medically necessary and as a VBAC patient even that's unlikely.

Good luck Celesse, I can't imagine the worry you must be going through and the hospital staff sound just dreadful. Will be keeping fingers crossed you get some positive answers very soon! x

I'm still getting bleeding, buts it more orange now and smaller gushes with brown spotting in between and even managed a few hours at a time of nothing. Its definitely getting less and still not had any pain or clots. Still feeling sick in the mornings as well, which has got to be a good sign.

Definitely a good sign your still sick in the mornings!
How many days till your next scan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->