Red Raspberry Leaf Tea.......

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
How much are you drinking at how many wks? And how does it make you feel? I started drinking a cup/day past few days, I'm 33.5 wks and it seems to give me cramps and have to go #2 after ! It definitely triggers BH for me.... Should I up it to 2-3 cups day at 34 wks? I'm scared it will trigger labor just a bit too early, I'd like him to cook for another 3-4 wks!!

I'm 32 weeks, and for a few weeks now I've been drinking a cup a day of Yogi Mother to Be tea - it's not straight raspberry leaf, but it does have it as an ingredient. My midwife wants me to switch to at least a cup a day, up to four, of raspberry leaf tea at 36 weeks. I feel a little better overall when I drink my tea, but I'm not feeling any BH at all, unless I just don't know what they feel like.

If it's causing a lot of BH for you, it might be a good idea to talk to your doctor before you up the dosage. BH aren't dangerous, and it's unlikely that the tea would put you into early labor (all it's supposed to do is tone the uterus to make contractions more effective), but best to discuss it with the experts if you're getting unusual results.

I've been getting strong BH since early second trimester and much stronger in the third trimester and my MW told me not to drink the tea because of that.

It won't trigger labor before your body is ready. I drank raspberry leaf tea last pregnancy as well as nettle tea. I don't remember noticing anything with them. What I DO notice, however, is the contractions caused by nursing. I'm not worried though. The contractions just tone your uterus for a more efficient labor when the time is right.

I started taking RLT with my first at 34 weeks. The extra BH are a good thing as it prepares your uterus for labour. The labour itself was 2 hr & 17mins

With this one, I started taking RLT at 32 weeks. Also started taking the tablets & evening primrose oil yesterday (EPO helps your cervix soften to prepare for labour)

Good luck :)

My daughter was born 4 weeks ago and I started taking raspberry leaf tea at 32 weeks. One cup a day. I laboured for 3 and a half hours and pushed for 1 minute! I labour quick anyway but I've never pushed a baby out that quickly before! I think the tea really helped. My cousins girlfriend had her first baby a week ago,I told her to start drinking it asap. She started at 35 weeks and although she laboured for around 10 hours she pushed quick too (not sure exactly how long,was just told she was fast) x

Thanks ladies!! This will be interesting to see how it goes.... I'm still with the 1cup a day /34 wk.... I really want to try to avoid an epidural, would love to go natural if possible, but all my labors have been 110% back labor :( hoping this one will be different so I can stay away from the drugs..... I had horrible nerve damage after my last epidural, my back and had would always go numb, things would drop out of my hand all the time (cup of coffee! Etc) it lasted almost 2yrs....
I inserted EPO capsules with my last, but never swallowed them, I can't remember at what point did I start using those but I remember my labor was only 6 hr long and I pushed 3 times, super fast compared to my 1st 25hr long and 3hr pushing !!
Any advice on the EPO ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->