Redundancies, unfair dismissal etc...

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
We find out next friday at the latest if we are chosen for redundancy at work.

Ive got a feeling I will be chosen, as it looks at things from the WHOLE of your employment and ive had some issues.

When I came back from leave after DD it was all good for about 6 months then they changed the team, and from July - October 2011 I was on my own doing the job of 2 people. I was FT (40 hours). I wanted to go PT as MIL was watching DD 5 days a week and living at ours and I was close to killing her...So they recruited another person into the team, we were both at the same level so to speak although they gave her a senior title (apparently all that needed to get that was experience - - I was there a year before her...........) For 3 months we were FT and then in the January I went PT. It was fine for a few months..........then they made me change my days, then my colleague started to interferred in my work. And I got a talking to from HR for not telling her to piss off basically, and for not 'owning' my work (we share a DL email and electronic files). They never made my PT contract permanent, it was always on review for 16 months.........

Then when I went on maternity for DS, literally the WEEK I left they restructured again. They made my colleague a team leader. The position was never advertised...she was 'progressed' into it.
I am now back FT and I am the LOWEST paid....out of folk who have been there a few months and have a lot less experience. They would not consider making me a senior....and strangely we are not allowed to work on our own initiative now, we get told what to do.

I have been looking to leave since I went on leave....but not found anything :( - well I got one interview.

Now this whole thing with HR is going to count against me in the scoring....as is the fact I have been there a while and not progressed.

I mentioned this to someone and they think that it could be construed as constructive dismissal - rather than just bad luck. But I'm not sure.
Even if I dont stay I am leaving as the Team Leader is awful.....and I fear she will be found out soon and yet again they will put someone new in!

I'm so sorry you're having a horrible time at work.

I got some advice a few months ago as I had issues at work and was advised that if you think it's heading to constructive dismissal to leave because if you don't it will be seen as you're accepting working conditions.

Do you have anyone close to you where you could go for employment rights advice? It really doesn't right at all. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->