Redundancy whilst on maternity

Sarah125

Reaction score
I have been made redundant whilst on maternity. I got a payslip today which included my redundancy and the rest of my maternity pay which is fine. However because I'm being paid all this in one go I have been taxed very heavily obviously which is not so great.

So my question is will I have to phone HMRC to get my tax back? And will I do this now or do I have to get my P60 (that is end of year one right?) first?

It has a YTD box on it and I haven't made more than my personal allowance so shouldn't get taxed at all surely :cry:

Any advice from anyone more knowledgeable would be greatly appreciated :thumbup:

I'm so sorry to hear that, I was made redundant when I was 23 weeks pregnant. It sucks.

I didn't get redundancy pay though as my contract ended.

I would give them a call and see, it says this on their website...

However, if you were made redundant HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) may be able to pay you a tax refund during the tax year. You should contact HMRC and they will tell you what information to provide and what forms you need to complete.

Here's the phone number 0300 200 3300 but they're only open until 4pm today xx

Thank you LDC! Sorry you were made redundant too!

I will give them a call on Monday and see what they say. They are awful to phone :nope:

Half your tax pay out will go on the bloody phone call! Try call first thing, it's usually the best time to get through.

Good luck xx

I know. I thought they changed to 0300 numbers to make it cheaper though?

Thank you I will need that luck probably :haha:

Try this number. It's the one listed for 'international calls' but works in the UK. May save you a few quid. 01355 359022

Redundancy pay is tax free uptime a certain amount your payroll department has made a huge mistake. I would contact payroll and HMRC. Unless you received more than 30 thousand in redundancy it should be tax free - I work in payroll.

I hope you get your money back soon.

Thanks for that number.

Oh I didn't know that weebubba. I definitely received nowhere near that. I can only dream :haha: The company I worked for are beyond rubbish so this doesn't surprise me! Thanks for that.

Hopefully I'll get it sorted tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->