Referred to pediatrition *sp* :(

Ema

Mummy :) xxx
Reaction score
So went 9am to get jacob weighed as HV noticed he aint gaining weight anymore, he has lost 3oz from 2 weeks ago :( so since he was 8 weeks old he has gained 10oz but lost 3oz so overall only gained 7oz in 8 weeks :( so HV 2 weeks ago asked me to keep a chart of EVERYTHING he is doing. what time he eats, how much if he is sick, has wind, gets hiccups, what time he sleeps how long for, when he poo's and pee's. Its been a nightmare charting every little detail but ive done it and took it back into her.

Well first this she stated is he is supposed to be taking 35-40oz in 24 hours. But like i said a few weeks ago he has started refusing his bottle no matter what i do. He used to take 5oz every 2-3hours when he was only 6-8weeks old. Now he only takes 2-4oz every 3-4hours!! I physically cannot get him to take anymore he will take 2oz then push the bottle out his mouth and every time i put it back in he tightens his lips and i cannot get it in :( then he'll go 3 hours off just 2oz!! and then his next feed only take maybe 3 oz and do the same! So she said something aint right here, because he is lactose intorant he cant have baby cereal or rice as it contains milk so they started him on veg well this gave him the worst stomach pains (and i pointed out he is still really young to have this but HV wanted me to try it) so she said we need to go to pediatrition to get him checked as because even after 2oz of food he can be really sick and then still go 3hours.

I really dont know what to do....I dont want my baby not to eat, but no matter what i do he just will not take it. And if i put the bottle in his mouth he will scream yet he knows when its his dummy as he'll take that :wacko: i dont know why he'll take his dummy but not his bottle....what happened the last few weeks to make him not want to eat?? Im really at my wits end i dont want to go the doc and them think im a bad mum?? Looking at jacob he is not underweight i know that but if he continues the way he is of not eating then 2 months down the line he will be, so i need to get it sorted. Because he only takes 2-4oz he is awake every 2-3hours in the night and takes a lil bit and goes back to sleep to do the same so i was up 6 times last night. i dont mind this to much as he's my baby and i love him and will do anything for him but why wont he eat all of a sudden?? he used to be greedy now nothing

ok im rambling now im just upset and dont know what to do. i mean he woke at 5am took 2oz then finally i got him to take 3oz at 8.30 before hv and its now 10.40 and he still hasnt eaten again....he is almost 4months (16weeks) surely 2oz isnt enough for him in 24hours he eats 20-24oz's max

XxxX

So went 9am to get jacob weighed as HV noticed he aint gaining weight anymore, he has lost 3oz from 2 weeks ago :( so since he was 8 weeks old he has gained 10oz but lost 3oz so overall only gained 7oz in 8 weeks :( so HV 2 weeks ago asked me to keep a chart of EVERYTHING he is doing. what time he eats, how much if he is sick, has wind, gets hiccups, what time he sleeps how long for, when he poo's and pee's. Its been a nightmare charting every little detail but ive done it and took it back into her.

Well first this she stated is he is supposed to be taking 35-40oz in 24 hours. But like i said a few weeks ago he has started refusing his bottle no matter what i do. He used to take 5oz every 2-3hours when he was only 6-8weeks old. Now he only takes 2-4oz every 3-4hours!! I physically cannot get him to take anymore he will take 2oz then push the bottle out his mouth and every time i put it back in he tightens his lips and i cannot get it in :( then he'll go 3 hours off just 2oz!! and then his next feed only take maybe 3 oz and do the same! So she said something aint right here, because he is lactose intorant he cant have baby cereal or rice as it contains milk so they started him on veg well this gave him the worst stomach pains (and i pointed out he is still really young to have this but HV wanted me to try it) so she said we need to go to pediatrition to get him checked as because even after 2oz of food he can be really sick and then still go 3hours.

I really dont know what to do....I dont want my baby not to eat, but no matter what i do he just will not take it. And if i put the bottle in his mouth he will scream yet he knows when its his dummy as he'll take that :wacko: i dont know why he'll take his dummy but not his bottle....what happened the last few weeks to make him not want to eat?? Im really at my wits end i dont want to go the doc and them think im a bad mum?? Looking at jacob he is not underweight i know that but if he continues the way he is of not eating then 2 months down the line he will be, so i need to get it sorted. Because he only takes 2-4oz he is awake every 2-3hours in the night and takes a lil bit and goes back to sleep to do the same so i was up 6 times last night. i dont mind this to much as he's my baby and i love him and will do anything for him but why wont he eat all of a sudden?? he used to be greedy now nothing

ok im rambling now im just upset and dont know what to do. i mean he woke at 5am took 2oz then finally i got him to take 3oz at 8.30 before hv and its now 10.40 and he still hasnt eaten again....he is almost 4months (16weeks) surely 2oz isnt enough for him in 24hours he eats 20-24oz's max

XxxX
can i just ask have you changed his teats to bigger ones as i remember jack only drinking little bits & often just thought i would ask , jack so much better now & taking 5x7ounces . violet xx

have you tried changing bottles? or even formula? Look into his mouth, see if maybe there is a sore there or thrush on his tongue , something must be bothering him?

aww bless him i hope the docs can work out whats wrong x

as the others have said, i hope you work out what is up with him, and that the docs are helpful. Only thing i have to add is - is the teats too slow, is he getting tired of sucking cos he aint getting much out??

:hugs:

i must admit since ewan was diagnosed being lactose intolerant he went off his feeds in the beginning, the hv reckons it was because he wasnt used to the prescription milk. hes not so bad now, i hope you get answers sounds like the doctors should do some investigating. hope you get answers soon :hug:

big hugs hun, i hope the doctors will be able to give you some advice, but they are not going to think you are bad mum, the fact you are so concerned and trying to do everything to help shows you are an excellent mum.

Lou
xxx

Big :hug: I don't know what to suggest, but I hope the docs have some answers for you.

xx

XxxX
can i just ask have you changed his teats to bigger ones as i remember jack only drinking little bits & often just thought i would ask , jack so much better now & taking 5x7ounces . violet xx

yeah he on bigger ones xxx

have you tried changing bottles? or even formula? Look into his mouth, see if maybe there is a sore there or thrush on his tongue , something must be bothering him?

tried 4 bottles and he is lactose intorlant so on formula from doctor already xxX

i must admit since ewan was diagnosed being lactose intolerant he went off his feeds in the beginning, the hv reckons it was because he wasnt used to the prescription milk. hes not so bad now, i hope you get answers sounds like the doctors should do some investigating. hope you get answers soon :hug:

he been on this milk since he was 4 weeks so 12weeks now :) xxx

hes been only been on it for 7 weeks (took them 6 weeks to diagnose him!) in the beginning when he wasnt taking to it the hv said i should try mixing his normal formula (aptimal hungry) with his prescription milk :saywhat: hello?! he has a milk intolerance hows that gonnna help lol sometimes these people need a kick in the bum :rofl:

hes been only been on it for 7 weeks (took them 6 weeks to diagnose him!) in the beginning when he wasnt taking to it the hv said i should try mixing his normal formula (aptimal hungry) with his prescription milk :saywhat: hello?! he has a milk intolerance hows that gonnna help lol sometimes these people need a kick in the bum :rofl:

Some of them are bloody idiots :rofl: XxX

Don't know what to suggest. I actually have a similar problem as Lola drinks a very little amount of formula and she's in the 15%. I was advised I start her on baby rice which I am doing right now so hopefully it will get better.

:hug: for Jacob!

:hug::hug:

Is he teething Ema? Sometimes that doesn't help matters.

Also, can you perhaps try giving him his formula from a beaker or sippy cup after he's drank a few ounces from his bottle. You never know, he may take a bit more this way.

I was told faster flow teats can worsen reflux, I would try slower ones again... Though I agree how much he is eating is obviously not enough... Jasmine goes through times where she doesn't eat alot too... I started giving her rice cereal though.

Good luck!!!

:hug: I don't know what to say. Hannah's always been on less formula than she's "supposed" to have so I guess I don't really give that much credence. But she has gained weight which is good. Hope they find out what's wrong :hugs:

:hug::hug:

Is he teething Ema? Sometimes that doesn't help matters.

Also, can you perhaps try giving him his formula from a beaker or sippy cup after he's drank a few ounces from his bottle. You never know, he may take a bit more this way.

no sign of teeth yet he is drooling ALOT but thats it. he has a sippy cup he gets juice from ill try transfering milk into that see if it works :) thanks im at my wits end trying to find ways to get him to eat xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->