Refusing feeds,advice?

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
Hiya.

Iv been weaning Connah for 2 weeks now and at the moment he is on:
7oz formula at 8am,12noon,4.30/5pm,8pm + dreamfeed
puree after milk feed at 12 noon & 4.30/5pm. He has the equivelent to 2ice cubes at both these meals and i am going to include breakfast next week after his milk feed at 8am.

This is all going really well and Connah eally loves his food.
But since the middle of last week he has been refusing feeds at 12noon & 4.30/5pm I dont put the food infront of him until i have given a milk feed either.

So now at 12noon & 4.30/5pm he is only having about 4oz formula and then playing with it,so i give up and give the puree which he will finish all of.I try him with the formula after but he refuses still.

Is this ok for him to be taking less milk?
As far as i know he should be taking the same amount of milk plus purees at this age:shrug:

thanks

Once they start eating a bit, they should then start dropping milk feeds.

What's the total oz's he's having in a 24hr period?

We're doing BLW so I think that's why it was later for us as Violet's only just started eating a significant amount each day, but she's gone from 32oz and not refusing a drop, to taking 18-24oz a day and refusing quite a bit. Where she'd be having 4x8oz bottles before, she's now down to 3 bottles a day and it varies between her taking 6-8oz of each one.

I'm not entirely sure if it works the same for puree and BLW but thought I'd share as I've had similar experiences this last week x

Technically he shouldn't be dropping any milk yet, as he's not 6 months yet. So I would make sure you always give a full milk feed before offering any solids. :)

Technically he shouldn't be dropping any milk yet, as he's not 6 months yet. So I would make sure you always give a full milk feed before offering any solids. :)

Yeah i know the HV said normal milk feeds plus solids,the only problem is he is now only taking 4/5oz at 12noon and 4pm:shrug:
He cant see the food as i dont have it at the table with me while he has the milk feed as im sure this will maybe put him off his formula...He still takes a full milk feed at other times just not those 2.

I was thinking he was gettin fuller with the solids but he isnt on enough yet to feel full i dont think.:shrug:x

It might be just a phase..
I'd completely forgotten until I started reading back the earlier posts in BLW sticky, but when we first started, Violet was 5.5months and she'd dropped a couple of oz's from her bottles too, and some other ladies said their LO's have done the same. She soon went back to taking the full amount though.

I misread your sig to begin with, I just read the numbers, not the 'until his first birthday' part so assumed he was nearly 7months :dohh::haha:

I misread your sig to begin with, I just read the numbers, not the 'until his first birthday' part so assumed he was nearly 7months :dohh::haha:

LOL me too, I was a bit like 'I didn't think Connah was that old yet?'

:haha: Its is quite confusing:wacko:
When i made the ticker i put in his DOB thinking it was going to show his age...obv not! :dohh:
So i was a bit confuzzled at first too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->