regretting pregnancy

Tommy, that was the case for me also (seven year age gap and I was ttc for all of that time with sixteeb miscarriages and a stillbirth), I was so worried about starting again. Then I felt awful for feeling worried because I'd wanted this so long. Actually it has been fine and I've loved every stage of Orion's first year. I hope that reassures you xx

Thankyou Tasha good to know that it will work it's out xx

On the big age gap front - I know plenty of people who are close despite having big age gaps, my mum is 3 years younger than her sister and 9 years older than her brother, her and my aunt aren't close at all but her and my uncle are super close despite the age gap.

In my opinion, parents need to be happy for their baby who have not done anything wrong. If it is planned then accept it happily. Stay away from all kind of stress and see all will be good.

In my opinion, parents need to be happy for their baby who have not done anything wrong. If it is planned then accept it happily. Stay away from all kind of stress and see all will be good.

Are you for real?
Life is stressful, how do you propose people avoid "all kinds of stress".

If only life were that simple :rofl:

????? - don't mind the trolls! :wacko:

OP, everything you're feeling is normal and fine!!! A baby is ALWAYS an adjustment no matter what!! I applaud you for being so in touch with your feelings and I am certain things will improve as time passes

Op I think you need to speak to someone, a professional to deal with your feelings before baby arrives. The ladies on here have offered great advice and it's good that you are expressing how you feel but no it's not the "norm". It happens and it's ok it just needs to be addressed so that you can move past it completely and enjoy your baby and pregnancy. I would suggest speaking with a professional. All the best xx

Just popped in to echo what the other gracious ladies have said. Change is terrifying, especially when your life was working so well beforehand. Don't beat yourself up for feeling this way, everyone feels it. In fact, I think any good mother would have her moments of fear and doubt because it shows that you care so much about this baby and your family that you're scared of screwing it up. The great thing is that with that much love, there's no way you can screw it up. You'll adapt, you'll adjust, you'll love this little bub. :)

For the age gap front, my older brother is 3 years older and my younger brothers are 8.5 years younger. I am VERY close to my younger brothers because I got to be a helper. I changed diapers, I babysat (I still remember the first time my parents left me with them alone SCARED SHITLESS but I felt so proud that I did it)... now that they are seniors, they talk to me about their college plans, their dating woes and happinesses... I really became a second mother. I love my older brother, and if our dad hadn't died when we were little and we weren't depressed we would be much closer but we love each other and are there for each other. My point is... people worry about age gaps, but I think it creates a beautiful, different kind of bond. My younger brothers are best friends for life, but they're my babies. And I actually prefer it this way.

I had a 7yr age gap between 2-3 and I was terrified. I had a uneasy first 2 weeks but after that it was fine honestly xx

Dobby that is probably it exactly. The family is getting along happily at the moment and fear that another person is going to mess it up.
But the other person is wanted just the upheaval they involve isn't. That is probably why I am so looking forward to having a child rather than a baby. But then I've already twigged once it gets to 6 months they can do swim classes at the same time. Trivial but important to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->