Regular Braxton Hicks? Doc Says Call, but...

yikes! Well I lost my mucus plug this morning. I've been losing small pieces for 2 weeks now and a huge chunk came out this morning. I have an ultrasound at 12:30 since they called to move it up. Lots of questions today!

Dark_Star: You must be exhausted! My contractions are going up to about 60, never much more than that on the monitor. But that's enough that when I have them over and over, it becomes so tiring.

There's the mental component too -- it makes me feel like I am in constant limbo. The contractions hurt, but they aren't doing anything. On one hand that's good, because it's too early. On the other hand, it's pain with no gain, and I find that tough to take on a mental level. :nope:

DoubleTFun: I'm glad you have that ultrasound today! Especially since you have lost the plug. I hope all goes well with it...let us know what happens. :flower:

Well I am now at the hospital for monitoring since my BP decided to be high. Still contracting. :/

Well I am now at the hospital for monitoring since my BP decided to be high. Still contracting. :/

Good grief...don't you just LOVE it when another problem pops up? :roll:

Hopefully things will calm down while you're there and they will say it was all a false alarm.

Well I got sent home. They were monitoring me for Preeclampsia and despite BP being high it isn't high enough for medication. My blood work came back normal and my boys are moving like crazy. Today's ultrasound showed that Baby A is 4lbs 3 oz, and Baby B is 4lbs 1 oz.

I'm in the hospital for 24 hours. Hoping I will be sent home at the end of it, if not I will be transferred to the nearest nicu hospital by plane. Not excited about that. It's about a 5 hour drive away for my fiance to join me.

Dark Star: Fingers crossed that you get to go home! These babies are putting us through the wringer!

I just want my babies to stay baking and be nice and healthy when they arrive. Lost another huge chunk of mucus plug last night. How much can their possibly be?!

I hope you get to come home, Dark_Star.

DoubleTFun, I'm glad the blood pressure issue didn't turn out to be serious! The weights of the babies sound excellent.

I'm still having the exact same issues as before, only now there are sharp stabbing pains in my cervix from time to time. Lovely. :roll:

From the reading I have done recently, prolonged pre-labor with twins is entirely normal and it can last days or weeks. It just seems strange to us because singleton births usually go from a to b to c to d rather than back and forth without real progression like this.

My other 2 singleton labors were straight forward. This time just feels like a world of unknown plus it's been 6 years since my last labor so it feels like I'm starting all over. Just want healthy babies with hopefully no NICU time.

My two singletons were relatively easy, too. My first was a scheduled C-section, but I actually went into labor with him a few hours before the surgery was scheduled. I still had to have the c-section for medical reasons, but it was nice to know we were right on time.

My second was an attempted VBAC that ended in c-section. But the labor was very straightforward, seemed to be progressing well, all of that. None of this weird false/strange/odd/whatever kind of contraction limbo.

This time is just flat-out strange. Having multiples seems to wreck havoc on the body!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->