reluctantly taking pill- any protection at all from every other day or 1 in 3 days?

londonbird

Reaction score
I am very reluctantly taking the pill

going back to the doctor again..but basically we have gone through all the options right now

Have been takin every other day or less, is there any point even torturing myself??

Any protection at all from every other day? - is the minipill

so fed up with it, just everyday a row right now... but the doctor has no other ideas for us.

Is this at least giving us some protection??

sounds pretty stupid, but.. Just finding it so hard to take it, have to finally make myself after a few days :dohh:

Looks like I am doing the same as well, though I am actually scared to go off it (have been on it for 7 years...basically my entire reproductive life) I did get a diaphragm from the dr just the other day but am not sure if i am brave enough to ditch the pill...which is all very interesting considering i am getting impatient with wtt!

if you're not happy with it, then why be on it? every other day is like spitting in the wind. (unless you secretly have other desires! ;-) )

did want the paraguard but my dr told me i wouldn't be happy with the side effect profile. have you considered that?? are you against a diaphragm? it doesnt hurt to try while keeping yourself on the pill - that's what i'm gonna do with mine first. worst case, i won't use it :)

I havent heard of paraguard

I dont want to use any contraception- having to physically take something is just torture. I didnt get on with the implant we were hoping that was going to solve problems after miscarriage in september.

guess will just try and take it the days I can face it. right now thats been 3 days out of 7. I have told boyfriend..he knows..so will have to use MAP etc.

Doc wont fit coil as I havent had any kids..just a bloody nightmare!

Thanks for replying hun

its what the copper iud is called. (brand name)

are you totally against a LO?

I want to try now, but oh says until I can afford to pay for it then not an option, so 4-5 years basically until he thinks I can afford to support a baby - ie. being fully qualified solicitor.

He has two kids, and wont struggle financially again for another. Which is understandable.

I asked the doctor what was semi-permentant, so I dont have to think about it

cant have implanon or depo
he wont fit coil...something about risk of tearing womb as I havent had kids already

....gonna try to speak to oh again tonight, but just going in circles. Thanks again hunny :)

Going through similar stuff myself right now. I want to try but OH say's we're not able financially as well, which unfortunately, is true. :cry:

I have been on the pill for years but have had ZERO libido. It's a wonder it'll be 7 years in June b/c if I were a 24yo guy I would not be sticking around for this! :haha:

Just took my last pill yesterday. I'm going to start to try the diaphragm (just got one) and maybe the sponge. (Yep - I know they're less reliable, but thats not so awful...is it? :angelnot: ) I did ask my ob/gyn about an iud/ius when i was there a few days ago. she said she does the iud but not ius for nulliparous. (mentioned the same risk of dislodging/tearing)

But if you're going to continue to take the pill this way, I suggest a back up method. :thumbup: Unless :baby: wouldn't be so awful. (Can you tell I've gone through this before? haha)

ALSO

have heard of women that keep their diaphragm in full time and just remove it every day to clean in the shower. haven't tried it, so i can't speak for it, but that is something with slight more permanence.

also...have you thought of the nuvaring? was on it for a month...stays in for 21 days, out 7 for your period. closest thing to permanence i can think of for you besides the other options that have already been exhausted.

I'm no doctor, but surely taking it every other day is majorly messing your hormones up?? I can't imagine this is very good for your body and certainly wouldn't protect you against pregnancy.

Are condoms not an option? They do all sorts now and they're not nearly as bad as the bad press they get. You can get female ones too.

I guess it probably does, but its literally all I can manage...crying over the tablets...then finally 20 hours later choking it down.

not bleeding through, so it must be doing something.

Oh ordered me to get MAP today... its on the side...need to pysche up to taking it.

my doctor is as much use as a chocolate teapot!

I'm no doctor, but surely taking it every other day is majorly messing your hormones up?? I can't imagine this is very good for your body and certainly wouldn't protect you against pregnancy.

Are condoms not an option? They do all sorts now and they're not nearly as bad as the bad press they get. You can get female ones too.

Completely agree. If you don't take it every day then you're MUCH better off not taking it at all. Condoms would probably be the best option by the sounds of it.

What does your OH mean by YOU being able to afford a LO? Are you going to pay for everything???

Completely agree. If you don't take it every day then you're MUCH better off not taking it at all. Condoms would probably be the best option by the sounds of it.

What does your OH mean by YOU being able to afford a LO? Are you going to pay for everything???

I agree too. No point if it's every other day as the hormones need to be constant to work...

Also... (as above) why do you have to pay for everything? Money doesn't decide whether you should be a parent just a deciding factor. Some people who get pregnant accidently do fantastic jobs as long as they try so I'm sure someone who wants to can do just as well :)

Good luck deciding on a contraceptive.. if you do.. xx

Hormonal contraception really messes with your cycles and that's with regular use, I can't imagine what taking it sporadically would do, so when you do come to ttc, it may take you a while. I had issues with the pill and the implant (and was also told I couldn't have the coil because I did'nt have kids) so had to use condoms and yes there was the occasional mishap, but that's where the MAP should come in. I don't think you should use the MAP as contraception, that's not what it's there for!

Is there a reason for not using condoms? If it's that he doesn't like it, well you've exhausted all the other methods, and it really would be more responsible to use a barrier method instead.

He dosent mind using condoms, but I know they are unreliable..and I dont want to take MAP every weekend.

Taking the pill since the weekend, hating it...but taking it..just so resentful at having to take it!!

He has paid for two kids and wont struggle again, when I am earning what he deems enough then we can try...could be a long oleee wait! .. I see people constantly having kids and trying..on our wages..infuriating!

Thanks for all the kind replies guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->