Renewed energy in 2nd tri - does it exist?!

Jus

New mum!
Reaction score
I've read in so many places that the 2nd tri is where you suddenly find all that energy that you lost in the 1st tri. Is this all a lie?! I'm still tired and going to bed at about 9.30pm each night, or else managing to stay up til 10.30pm if I've had a two hour nap earlier... Anyone else feeling like this or are you all full of beans and it's just me being lazy:sleep:

I do have more energy now sickness has eased abit still lingering tho, i think its a different kind of tiredness i have more energy but get more tired which doesnt make sense, in first tri i used to feel zonked all day every day and now i'll be full of beans then crash then have loads of energy again weird. lol xx

Hmm, I'm still pretty tired to be honest. I did another aqua natal class this morning which was very unstrenuous, and have just woken up from a 2 hour nap! :)

I think it's a complete fabrication personally. I had a couple of really good weeks but I'm now back in Zombieville. All I want to do is drink tea, :coffee: eat :munch: and sleep. :sleep:

Problem is, I have a 2yr old so I have to play football and read stories all day instead. :lol:

Renewed energy in the 2nd tri eh???

In 6 pregnancies....nope....I can't say I've noticed it:rofl::blush:
Maybe not as tired and drained as the 1st tri but definitely no energetic spurts either :nope:

Hi Jus,
I've been asking myself the same question! Still pooped I'm afraid.

DH keeps telling me it says in all the books the midwife gave us I should be 'blooming' by now... Full of energy... After I picked him up off the floor I told him all pregnancies are different... :angelnot:

Hope you feel more lively soon! xxxx

me energy came back in 2nd tri around 17 weeks ish! itll come hopefuly hun :)

i think if you have a toddler it definitely doesn't!!

:sleep: I could quite easily take a 2 hour nap in the day. I do feel a little more energetic than 1st tri though.

I think it doesn't help that during the 1st tri I was away travelling and therefore able to do what I wanted when I wanted (ie sleep!); now it's the 2nd tri and I'm back at work full time which makes napping a little trickier

Its a LIE lol! I dont know if i missed the energy hormones or something but Ive been more tired in second tri than in first

I've not had an energy surge but i'm no way near as tired as I was pre 16 weeks.

im still knackered. Dont think i will get any energy back my 2yr old makes sure of that

It hasn't happened for me. I'm in bed at 8:30 every night (but up at 5:30 to work out).

I feel like I'm dragging my butt all the time.

Very tired still. But honestly--not as utterly exhausted as I was in the first tri.

I am full of beans but if I over do it then I feel physically very tired, but not sleepy tired like in first tri where my OH found it funny I could sleep with the lights on for the first time ever.

I never with Caitlin & definately not with this pregnancy! I'm more tired each day that passes!

I'm still so tired that I've been put on p/t hours at work (1/2 days). I nap almost every afternoon.

I was talking to my Aunt and her first pregnancy was very similar to mine and she was so tired that she ended up right off work for almost the whole thing.

I was ok for about a week but the last few days I have been feeling sooooo tired, i'm walking around like a zombie.

Still waiting for that burst of energy. . . Personally, I'm more tired than I was in first tri (although I did have an easy first tri with no vomitting). I nap for an hour every day after work and I'm still in bed by 9:30. I feel like my days are made up of just working and sleeping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->