Renting stuff from council

Frooty

Reaction score
Me and my partner live in a council property at the moment was just wondering if council loan out lawn mowers and strimmers? As we cant afford one at the mo and our garden is looking like a forest lol

i know the council where iam have a scheme were if your garden is over grown/untidy they can send someone round to sort it for a small fee, maybe you have something similar?

Maybe im not sure i dunno what department to contact about the only number i have is the rent office.

Google it

Look on your local councils website for a list of services

I think it's in your lease when you take on a place with a garden that you have to keep it in a reasonable state. There must be manynn our situation though so I'm sure the council will have come across this before

Have you tried Freecycle? People are often getting rid of perfectly good lawnmowers etc. I have been saved by freecycle before! https://www.freecycle.org/display.php?region=United Kingdom go on the site and put in your local area and see what people are offering for free :thumbup:

Or even Gumtree, sometimes really brilliant bargains come up - or freebies, if you're thinking of renting a mower or paying someone to do it, it could work out way better to get a cheap/free one to use when ever needed (I seem to need to cut the grass a heck of a lot round here!)

xx

Ah thank u will check it when i get on laptop not letting me access the site on my phone :( x

Also try some of the stuff for sale sites on facebook, and say what you can offer (money wise) for someone to tidy it up and say they must have their own tools, loadsa people looking to make a quick tenner! x x

Also try some of the stuff for sale sites on facebook, and say what you can offer (money wise) for someone to tidy it up and say they must have their own tools, loadsa people looking to make a quick tenner! x x

Do you know any for sale sites on facebook hun? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->