repeat c section

frustrated11

baby#2 on the way!
Reaction score
I will be having my second c section in May. The first was not planned, but not an emergency. I just wanted to hear from some of you who have had more than one. Did you find it easier the second time around?

Yeah I found it much easier the second time around. I recovered faster and we were discharged from the hospital after only 2 days.

I had an emergency c-section with DS in 06' and will be having a planned one in April. I was wondering the same thing.

My first child was born via emergency C-Section, I found the recovery awful and was petrified about further children...

But my 2nd & 3rd were both born by elective C-Section and they were amazing! everything was so calm and relaxed, the theatre staff were fantastic and made it special for us.

Recovery wise, my 2nd was quite a good recovery, i was home the day after and pretty mobile.
My 3rd was a bit harder as i got an infection in my scar, but it was overall still good.

Good luck ladies :flower:

I've been wondering the same, my first section was not planned but not an emergancy either I will most probably be having another section ill be stalking this thread lol x

Im wondering the same, i had my dd via emergency section for failure to progress & baby got stuck in Sept 2010 and this LO is due in June. im not sure what to do, im more worried about recovery and running round after my DD when the new baby arrives however if the baby is near the same weight as my DD the decision is out of my hands and will have to have a c-section.... suppose i have plenty of time to decide just not sure whats going to be best..

My 1st was born by emcs after pushing for 3 hours.

My 2nd was born by elective, it was a very positive experience. Although I found it quite stressful in theatre when I was getting the spinal. I was shaking and sweating and my pulse shot up, was total nerves! I think it was because with my 1st they were giving me the spinal to attempt forceps so I was t nervous about the section and also because I'd had no pain relief until then I was focusing on my contractions whereas during the elective I was totally focused on what they were doing!

As different as 2 c-sections could possibly be, my first was an unplanned emergency, was in theatre 3hrs+ couldn't walk properly for at least 2weeks after.

My second one with my son was amazing i felt wonderful was walking the next day, ready to drive 2weeks after, walking around fine, sitting on the floor playing with my daughter a week after.

I think your body remembers how to recover having been through it already and for me i was 100x better second time around.

My 1st was because if failed induction and I will be having one again due to my diabetes so it's safer x

Hello all, I've got three children, aged 9,4 and 3 two boys and a girlie and pregnant with my forth child, I have had a natural birth with my oldest child which I really enjoyed, I had a smear test later on which came up abnormal cells, so I went into hospital and got the bad cells burned away but when the doctor was doing the procidure his hand slipped and he burned me and I now can't have a natural birth ever again due to the scare tissue left by the docter, the first time I had one I was terrified with my second one it wasn't so bad it was a great experiance.:winkwink:

Ive had 2 emergency sections (19 months apart) and the second one was so much easier than the first. I was up and about the following morning and walking around in hardly any discomfort. I was also picking up my 19 month old just a couple of days after.

I will be having my second c section in May. The first was not planned, but not an emergency. I just wanted to hear from some of you who have had more than one. Did you find it easier the second time around?

not trying to put you off but no i didnt, my first it was the surgery that was awful this time around it was the recovery, just took me longer to recover this time around, but i have heard soooo many people saying the second is easiest, good luck

Ive had 3 csections & am due my 4th in 2 weeks :baby:

The first emcs was the hardest recovery (& I was very young too, so should really have been easier)

Elective csections are much better & your body hasnt had to go through the stress of labour either

Good luck Girls :flower:

Thank you all for your answers. One way or another, it's going to happen. I know a little more of what to expect this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->