requesting medical file??? need help!!!

lynne192

mum 2 James & Libby
Reaction score
hey all i am just wondering how i would word a letter to get my own medical record, in feb this year i was dignosed with Ectopic pregnancy but had a lap and dye in june this year and my RE said it was impossible what they said could have happened.... anyways long story short i am trying to find out everything and might even consider suing if they did mess up because during thier care i was injected with two high doses of Methotrexate this desolves a pregnancy but it is also a form of chemo therapy and can mess up your body big time, so there was alot of medical stuff as well as the horrible emotional stuff they put me through,

anyways just wondering how i would write and word the letter just saying i want my medical record from Feb 2010 - March 2010 when under thier care. i have the address and who to send it too just have not done it yet because was unsure what to write and did not want to sound stupid.

can you call the hospital or doctor and ask "Id like to get a copy of my record from feb 2010 please. How much will it cost and how do I get it?" Usually theyll have you come in and sign a release and then they will give it to you.

they gave me an address and name and said i had to write a formal letter, before could get medical record.

The easiest way is through your GP Lynne, they can request for you - you will have to pay to see the records though.

Otherwise ring and speak to PALS (patient advocacy service) very helpful :thumbup:

I personally would put a longer time span on the dates you want to see though - I'm very cynical about notes getting 'lost' and if they can't identifiy the actual episode of care you want to look at, they won't know which part to 'lose'

I'm very cynical though :blush:

can't get this from gp they have that i was pregnant and now not thats all to review the care i need a full record from the deparentments that cared for me. because i need to take it to lawyer they need all info, have the name and address of the women who can give me my record just wasn't sure how to word the letter, but done it now and in the post.

For in future - if you need them again, I actually meant that your GP requests your hospital casenotes for you.
Glad you're sorted

ah right by law you can request them yourself saves waiting extra time, plus you have to then pay for the doctors time as well as the files :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->