• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Resisting the title Wonky Cycles R Us....boarding the Maca Train to BFP Central!

Hey ginger and welcome :wave: this thread is kind of quiet these days!

Leeze how are you and lovely Kia doing? Can't believe she is only 9 days old! :cloud9:

X x x

Hmmm seems to have posted 3 times! Sorry about that!!

X x x

Hehe, thanks! I wonder who's still doing the maca, and how it's worked out for other people. If nothing else, it's pretty delicious in my morning smoothie! :D

Hey ginger and welcome :wave: this thread is kind of quiet these days!

Leeze how are you and lovely Kia doing? Can't believe she is only 9 days old! :cloud9:

X x x

Hi hon - it's exhausting but amazing too. She's taken really well to breastfeeding which I'm delighted about, but it can be really draining - particularly the last 2 evenings where she has been cluster feeding all evening. Apparently something to do with a growth spurt! She's a little darling though, and seems pretty laidback so far. I'm feeling a lot better now too, feel like I'm healing well from the c-section although it's sometimes a bit sore still. I love being a mummy though, it's all so very much worth it!!! xx

OMG - SBB - I just noticed your status says you're pregnant!!! :happydance: - that's amazing. congratulations!!!!! XXX

That's great news, glad she's feeding well. It is hard the first few weeks and very draining! You just have to resign yourself to doing nothing else really! But it's wel worth persevering because it is wonderful and actually enjoyable later!

Have you tried feeding lying down? It took me a while to master but it's great cos you can have a little rest too :D

I found after 6 weeks it all became much easier. In fact after 3 a bit easier, then 6 easier again!

Erm... Yes I'm pregnant :) I didn't even get a period back and don't know how far along I am! :blush: I can't believe it!

X x x

you're so right, it is about resigning yourself to doing nothing else. that's a really good way to look at it! Like today, it's nearly 4pm and I haven't had a chance to have a shower yet!!! It's good to know it gets easier after 3 weeks and 6 weeks. I think at the moment because there's no sort of routine it's pretty difficult to plan anything, and because each feed can last between 30 mins and 2 hours (or 4 hours on and off when she's cluster feeding in the evening). I'm planning to stock up on some good DVDs and just try to relax and enjoy the quiet time with her

that's really lovely that you're pregnant again, Sammuel will have a little baby brother or sister close in age to him. i imagine it's kinda strange not knowing how far along you are, but I guess once you get a scan they'll be able to give you some kind of indication about possible dates. How are you feeling about it? I remember you saying initially you were keen to have another one close in age but then recently you were thinking you'd prefer to wait a little longer? xx

Yep Sammuel used to feed for a full hour every time! But now he's a pro it's 5 mins! Defo forget any routine, Kia sets the routine :haha: it's hard but it all comes together later :)

Yeh I'm really pleased, surprised though!! I feel really guilty about Sammuel but I think I would whatever the gap.. Later on they will love being close! It's quite scary and no idea how we'll cope!! I wanted to carry on feeding Sammuel for a while yet, so hoping I can continue.

X x x

Leeze...so pleased you are settling into being a mummy, sounds perfect! I'm just so pleased for you!

SBB - ahhhhh wow congratulations to you!!!! So exciting and can't wait to hear how far along you are...we can share pregnancy stories!

Hope everyone else is ok that still pops in here, we should try and set up a thread to get everyone back so we can all catch up. I can't believe i'm 16 weeks already! Been quite achey and sore but as long as I get my healthy baby its all good. I have my 16 week appointment on Tuesday.

Wow 16 weeks already! :happydance:

Yeh I am kind of chilled but I also really want to know how far along I am! I think maybe 7 weeks :shrug: who knows!! :haha:

X x x

Time is flying by, especially because we've got Christmas coming up then my birthday and my wedding 11 days before i'm due lol!

SBB - Are they going to be giving you an earlier scan to see how far along you are? How are you feeling?

Don't know to be honest, I have MW appt tuesday, I guess they'll either do a dating scan or makeme guess when I'll be 12 weeks!

I'm feeling really sick, and pretty tired :( I'm hoping it will go early though, not like last time when I was sick to 20something weeks!! :sick:

You've got loads going on, you'll be popping that baby out before you know it!

I'm going to have a home birth hopefully this time!!

X x x

Sorry you feel that way never, I didn't mean to upset you :hugs:

X x x

It seems it's not cool to post here now. I didn't mean to upset anyone, I know ttc is hard, but I didn't actually think any of the TTCers even came on here any more.

Anyway, I have set up a MACA pregnancy and baby thread here https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-buddies/808938-maca-pregnancy-baby-buddies.html#post14169037 so if anyone wants to chat feel free to join in...

Sorry again :(

x x x

sorry from me too if I've upset anyone. When I joined this thread I really liked the fact there were some pregnant women on here as well as TTCrs and found that I got some really good support/advice from the pregnant women as well as the TTCrs - so I just assumed that it would be ok to stick around and i hoped I'd be able to continue to support the TTCrs who had supported me on my TTC journey. Saying that, I realise that recently this thread has mainly been used by those who are pregnant or have babies and it's probably more appropriate in that case to post somewhere else. Good luck everyone xx

Hi ladies:wave: i hate to highjack your thread but hoping for an answer. I took 900 milligrams of maca a day my last cycle which was the 24th of october. On November 11 thru the 13th i had some pink/brown discharge but only when i wiped. Nothing ever made it to my undies. So i stopped the maca thinking it could be ib. When the witch was due i waited but nothing. Im now 8-9 days late and getting neg tests. Is it possible that the maca changed my cycle and the spotting was the witch? She would have been 8 days early? Please can anyone help???

Hi, I hope there is somebody still active in this thread as I could really use someone to stay in touch with while ttc. I'll start by saying a lil bit about me, I am 30 yrs old, I have a beautiful 12 yr old daughter, ever since she turned 2 yrs old I have been ttc for #2 but it didn't happen until 5 yrs later and to my surprise it ended up being twins which then sadly ended in mc at 6wks. Since it's been another 5 yrs and I decided to go to my dr about it again since I had tried other drs before and was always told to lose weight or get on bcp to regulate my periods, etc. Well finally my dr decided to put me on clomid as I am 30 n my chances are becoming slimmer with age, so anyway had 4 cycles of clomid with no ovulation whatsoever so next step was to be injectables but unfortunately we can't afford that right now so after much crying I decided to go online and research natural herbs to possibly help me to regulate my cycles and ovulate and hopefully bfp! I just started taking (about 1 wk in) 2000mg of Maca in capsule form, 2 Mega Vitamin for Women pills (which also has some Vitex, wild yam, dong quai, and some other herbs in it), also 3 cups of fertilitea which also have herbs I read about which are good for reproductive health main one being Vitex, and I am currently awaiting an extra Vitex pill I want to start. Am also considering adding False Unicorn Root and Royal Jelly as I have read great things about them. I know it sounds like much but I am so desperate for a bfp! It's been a long and very hard 10 yrs ttc and every month and worse every yr that pass me by with no success is heartbreaking and makes me feel like less of a woman for not being able to give my daughter a sibling and my husband more kids and hopefully a son which I know he secretly hopes to have one day! :( Anyway all I can do is continue to pray and hope God had a hand in leading me to these herbal supplements because they are the answer to my prayers! Sorry for the long post, I just had to get it all out there! Thx for "listening"! :) Best wishes to all of us and hoping on a bfp soon for all of us hoping for one!

can any say if i can take macca after ovulation as i forgotten . ? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"