Restless Legs? So upset.

Ethereal

Reaction score
I had this when I was pregnant with DD but I'm sure it started in second tri.

But oh my lord have I got it bad right now. I'm lying here in bed in tears, its 5.15am and I have slept for two hours.

My legs have this tight feeling from the knees down and I cant help but move them to relieve the sensation. I really hate this.

Is anyone else getting it so early or have had it before? I'm so upset. :cry:

Yours sounds way worse than mine has ever been, but I've definitely gotten them (even before pregnant), my sister who gets them worse, swears by the lotion you rub on your legs. I don't know if that helps or if you ever tried it.

I wear medical grade compression socks for bad circulation. If I don't wear the socks for a day I really struggle with restless legs at night.

I had this in my last pregnancy but at the end was awful i found a cold flannel help me a lil

Yes I get it in third tri, it's awful. I've heard stretching before you go to bed and cold flannel over Legs also keeping them a little elevated (ie on a pillow helps)

I did all of the above it helped but won't stop it completely. Hope you get some relief xx

Ugh yes I had this in my first pregnancy and am expecting to get it again this time round. I'm hoping it won't start until at least second tri though. I found sleeping with legs on a pillow helped marginally.

I had it when pregnant with dd, lavender oil rubbed on the legs takes it away!!!

I've had rls in every one of my pregnancies. This time it has started as early as 6 weeks for me.

Rls is often an indicator of some sort of nutrient or vitamin deficiency. The only way I am able to sleep at night and stay asleep is if I take an iron pill with a glass of orange juice right before bed. I got the ok from my mw to do so and it's been a sleep life saver

I hate it!!! I have it a lot and not just when pregnant i also have a ruptured disk which causes severe pain down my left leg so im taking medication for the pain now but i have to discontinue it the last month snd im so scared of how thats going to be... So sorry your having that its sooo annoying but at leadt know your not alone.

Hi,
I get it when not preggo, but at least I can take pills for it then. Got it sooooo bad this week (just hit 3rd tri). I'm getting about 2 hours sleep a night if that and I'm at breaking point!

I find cold flannel doesn't help nor does elevating for me. Gonna try iron tabs starting tomoz to see if that helps :)

Huge hugs to everyone suffering with RLS it really is so horrible! :hugs:

I've got this very mildly. Just hoping it doesn't get worse as I go on but have taken these tips on board, thanks girls :)

Please for the love of all things this is the worst thing I have ever experienced!!! I cannot sleep at all! I am going to try iron tablets too and see if it is that I had it with my son and it really is hard - I feel for you all!

If any of you ladies are having some form of caffeine (caffeinated soda, or coffee) it might be a good idea to cut back, if not, then eliminate it from your diet entirely. I know it sucks, but caffeine can also aggravate rls

yep, had it with both my boys and have it again this time. its irritating. I found sometimes having a hot water bottle under my legs helps, not tried it in the pregnancy though as its been too hot to.

I had this really badly with my surrogate pregnancy, and like you, I wasn't able to sleep. The one and only thing that helped was Magnesium supplements.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"