Retroverted uterus 12+4

saraaa

Mum of 1 and growing 1 😊
Reaction score
Just had my first scan today, and was told that my uterus has become retroverted since my pregnancy with my son and baby is basically sitting upright like it's driving a car lol.
I've had bad sciatica like pain since 8 weeks, could this be part of the cause?
Google seems to link having a retroverted uterus and back pain.

They couldn't get baby in a good angle to measure the neck fold either, abdominally or transvaginally :(
Gotta have a blood test in a few weeks time to test for it.

Mine is always like this early on, but straightens out as baby grows. Might just be taking a bit longer this time. I did have sciatica with my first baby, really bad! It went literally as soon as he was out, never to return lol x

I was told with my last pregnancy I have a retroverted uterus as well, I've heard it's as common as left-handedness. Mine corrected the further along I got. I found I got trapped gas in my tummy :blush: and also had low back ache. The sonographer had real issues doing measurements so I had to go back for another scan. I'm interested to see if my uterus is retroverted this pregnancy at my scan in just over a week!

How long did it take to correct? I've got a private gender scan in 3 weeks so I'm hoping they'll be able to see what they need then!
They were gonna get me to come back next week for another scan but they didn't think they'd be able to see any more then either, so I'm just having a blood test. Just means I can't have the tests for Edwards or pataus, but that wasn't something they did when I was pregnant with my son anyway.

I think I was about 13 -14 weeks when they said it had corrected. I didn't choose to have any testing, just a dating scan so that wasn't an issue for me. But they needed me to come back for that second scan so they could measure everything properly and check the baby was healthy. My first scan was 11 weeks. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->