Retroverted Uterus

Mango

Reaction score
Hi ladies. So I had my first ultrasound last week. Such an amazing experience. We felt so much different after the exam, after seeing our baby on the monitor I was so much more at ease and happy about my pregnancy.

The doctor did mention one thing however, he stated that I had a "retroverted uterus" meaning that it was tilted backwards instead of forwards.

A pregnancy book I have been reading says that 1 in 5 women experience this and usually the uterus rights itself. But I can't help but think if this may cause complications.

Did anyone else have this??? :help:

"A retroverted uterus is the name given to a uterus that is tilted backwards inside of the pelvis. Normally, women are born with a uterus that is located in a straight up and down position inside of the pelvis, or with a uterus that tips slightly forwards, towards the stomach. However, some women have a uterus that tilts backwards, pointing towards the spine. Commonly referred to as a tipped uterus, this condition affects more than 20% of women worldwide. Generally associated with no health complications, a retroverted uterus can occasionally cause painful symptoms or signal an underlying health disorder." From www.womens-health.co.uk

https://www.womens-health.co.uk/images/uterus.gif​

My friend has this and so does her mum, after her mum had babies she had to have an internal to 'flip' her uterus back, not sure why sorry dont really know a lot about it. I know my friend suffers with heavy and painful periods so dont maybe thats related.

Sorry not much help:blush:

I have no experience of this but I knwo along the way I too thought this corrects its self through pregnancy

x

Hmmm I hope mine corrects itself, though it does concern me.

hi, im not pregnant but i had an ultrasound last year as i get very painful, heavy long lasting periods. Fortunatley everything was fine but the nurse did say I had retroverted womb. I pannicked as I want to have kids someday and went to my GP who said I have nothing to worry about. She said during the pregnancy the womb corrects itself (im guessing due to physics with the dramatic changes to the body during pregnancy). She also said that the womb can move and altough when I had the ultrasound my womb was retroverted it doesnt neccessarily mean it always is. Thought that was a bit strange! Im a hughe worrier but if I was pregnant like you I wouldnt worry about it you could just mention the fact that you have a retroverted womb when you have medical appointments and this should keep your mind at ease! ...unless you feel something isn't right of course! Good luck!

Thanks Ladies! Carolina, my OB says I'm ok so far and he'll keep an eye on it. He did not seem too concerned, so maybe I am worrying myself for no reason. Will keep u informed. Thanks again ladies :)

Hi hun dont worry yourself, as baby grows it will correct it self.

I have this, only problems ive suffered is with smear tests being harder to perform so being quite painful, but in regards to pregnancy nothing, except in thel ast weeks it was hard for MW to give me a good sweep, but i ended up having an induction any ways.

Good luck hun, hope it all goes well! :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->