Return to work after Maternity Leave

Sambatiki

Finally a Mummy!!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Just after some advice regarding returning to work after maternity leave.

I am returning to work on Monday after being off for 46 weeks.

Friday afternoon I got a phone call from a colleague to say that I was being transferred to our 'sister' site 14 miles away from my normal workplace. She said that a letter was in the post to confirm this and my induction to get my pass was at 8am. She told me that I didn't need to start work until 8am (my new agreed start time is 6am) but I should be finishing at 10.30 due to taking half day annual leave until xmas. The induction is for 3 hours or so which means I will be leaving late but will not have done my hours for the day. I am unsure whether I am expected to make these hours back :shrug:

After checking my contract it states that my usual place of work is X but I may be required to work in another location should the needs of the business require.

The new location is whilst not a million miles away from my house is further, which means I will be worse off financially and will be adding extra time on to my day. Prior to this I had to fight tooth and nail for a £200 per annum pay rise that the rest of the team was given and I wasn't!

I have had no consultation and I can't believe that my boss expected me to just receive the letter and get on with it.

I am returning to work early due to a request from them as one of my colleagues is going on holiday for 3 weeks. Had I not been going back early, I don't know what they would do :shrug:

I just feel that this has been handled very, very badly and as I result has made me feel pretty crap going back. It is hard enough going back and leaving LO after 11 months to go to the same job in the same place let alone to a new work place and I'm not even sure if the role is the same.

Sorry its so long winded, any advice would be really appreciated! xxx

Do you have a union who could give advice? If not try cab or acas and see what they say about your rights. I think if it's a completely change of workplace permenantly they should maybe pay disturbance allowance for the additional expense. This isn't just working at another site when needed which implies short term change to me this is a permanent change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->