Returning to work :(

I'm due back in September but havnt got anyone else to care for lo unless oh takes the time off work which seems pointless. I think we would be ok for money if I don't work but it's missing having my own money I'm worried about. I have been at my job 7 years and ml has been a very welcome break, I don't think they will be very helpful with hours if I do go back. They should let me do part time but it is shift work so I would probably get rubbish shifts that constantly change. I don't really want to put lo in a nursery and don't see the point in working to give the money to someone else to care for him.

I went back when he was 10 weeks. I love being back at work and my OH has him during the day, so I didn't have a problem returning as I knew his dad was taking good care of him.

I'll be going back in April. Am gutted but we need the money! I am the highest earner so we have to have my wage coming in! I don't get a choice about my hours, I have to do full time unless I drop a couple of grades which I don't intend to do!!!

I returned to work when Kenneth was 10 weeks old. Here in the US you usually only get like an 8 week leave time period off of work that you’re allowed. I’m happy I went back sooner because I’m sure it would’ve been much more difficult had I had a longer time off. It is really difficult especially the first few days, I cried every single day I would leave to go to work. Honestly though I really enjoy going to work and having my alone time away from Kenny. As much as I love him, I can’t imagine being a full-time stay at home mom, it is much easier going to work and letting him have his alone time away from me too. Have a picture of your LO with you all day long so you can remind yourself of your LO. And just try and remember why you’re going back to work and the reasons you’re doing it, it will keep you motivated. It’s really hard though the first couple of days, but it does get easier. Once you, your LO and your DH get into a routine of things, it will get easier I promise! Good luck! :hugs:

I go back July 25th...Bella will be a year and 15 days by that time. I'm going back full-time.

Thanks amygwen. Your post was very encouraging. :flower:

Aw I hope so hun! It's really scary before you go back, I had the same exact feelings. But like you I was leaving my LO with my FOB, so I didn't have to worry about anything and I could call whenever I want. Occasionally they will come and visit me at work so I can have my lunch break with them, which is really nice. It breaks up the day a lot, so if that's possible than have them come visit you the first few days especially, you'll be thinking of your LO constantly I'm sure! (just another tidbit to add in!)

I have just returned to work when Anna turned 1.

I am currently working full-time but reducing to 3 days per week in a few weeks time.

I am so lucky that we have my mum and MIL to babysit.

I am not returning for the money - I am returning to keep my career.

As I have already said, I am full-time at the moment - it is bearable - I could do it but it just is not right for me to be out all day and see Anna for only a couple hours before bed!!!

If you dont need the money, dont go back or if you can just go part-time!:flower:

Aw I hope so hun! It's really scary before you go back, I had the same exact feelings. But like you I was leaving my LO with my FOB, so I didn't have to worry about anything and I could call whenever I want. Occasionally they will come and visit me at work so I can have my lunch break with them, which is really nice. It breaks up the day a lot, so if that's possible than have them come visit you the first few days especially, you'll be thinking of your LO constantly I'm sure! (just another tidbit to add in!)

Awwwe. I'm not the OP, just another mommy posting on this thread and unfortinately my DH works as well and we have no family nearby so he is going with a childminder. Well, unless my DH gets a job he interviewed for last week in the USA, then we will be moving to the US and I can be a SAHM. *fingers crossed*

Awwwe. I'm not the OP, just another mommy posting on this thread and unfortinately my DH works as well and we have no family nearby so he is going with a childminder. Well, unless my DH gets a job he interviewed for last week in the USA, then we will be moving to the US and I can be a SAHM. *fingers crossed*

Oh sorry :dohh: I just realized!
Oh FX that you move to the US! It is loooooovely here!

I'm already back at work monday to friday 9:30 until 3pm and my LO is 2 weeks (he comes with me and has lots of people who should be working cooing over him.)

Oh sorry :dohh: I just realized!
Oh FX that you move to the US! It is loooooovely here!

Thanks. Im originally from NY but met DH and moved to the UK. The job he is going for is in Maryland.

I went back to work last Novemeber when my son was 7 months old. I was absolutely dreading it but once I got into a routine it wasn't that bad. I obviously miss my son but it's nice to have a bit of ''me'' time again. I work 3 days a week which I love..Jack goes to a wonderful childminder who lives 5 mins away & he has settled in really well. I think if you are happy with your childs childcare arrangements it makes all the difference.

I went back to work last Novemeber when my son was 7 months old. I was absolutely dreading it but once I got into a routine it wasn't that bad. I obviously miss my son but it's nice to have a bit of ''me'' time again. I work 3 days a week which I love..Jack goes to a wonderful childminder who lives 5 mins away & he has settled in really well. I think if you are happy with your childs childcare arrangements it makes all the difference.

did Jack go through any separation anxiety? thats the biggest fear I have for my son who will be just 9 months when I go back. I hate to think of him crying for me and wondering why I'm not there :(

I'm planning to go back in September when lo will be 10-11 months old and I'm hoping to do 4 days. Hubby does compressed hours over 4 days so he'll take lo for 1 day with grandparents doing 1 day and 2 days with childminder probably. I'm lucky I've got a good job which I enjoy with fab colleagues so that's not an issue but I worry how I'll feel leaving my lo. I do love the banter at work and my role which I've worked really hard to achieve so I'm hoping that will continue. It's really hard and it does make me mad that we only get 9 months paid leave, especially when you consider how much tax and NI we all contribute in a working life. Oh well that's another discussion and always causes arguments! Unfortunately we can't live comfortably without my wage - I'm lucky with my salary but we also live based on that! All my friends with kids work and their children are happy and contented - we all put them first. Good luck to all the working moms - you and lo will be fine.

I work for a massive worldwide company and have done for 14 years.. and I got six weeks at 90% pay and then onto SMP.

It's so inconsistent between different companies - I've had full pay for 2 months then half pay and SMP for 3 months and then just SMP for the last 3 months. I know I'm lucky to get that but I think you should get SMP for 12 months. Some companies pay full pay for 6 months - if only!!

Awww, our babies have the same birthday!

My LO started nursery at 12 weeks and he goes 3 afternoons a week. The first couple of times was awful, i cried lots, but my LO loves it and even though im at work its great for me to have some adult conversation thats not all about baby poo :haha:

A3my - luckily Jack hasnt shown any signs of separation anxiety yet but saying that he doesnt like it when the childminder leaves the room to get a drink or something..I guess thats normal. I know how you feel, its so hard leaving them for the first few weeks but honestly, it does get easier.

LankyDoodle - aww bless. Hasn't the past 9 months flown by eh?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->