Returning to work :(

CinderellaTTC

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Im sure this topic has been discussed many times before, but when are people returning to work after havng their LO?

For those who have already returned to work, how did you cope emotionally? I plan to go back part time to begin with and then gradually build back up to full time, but that means I will only see LO for a few hours in the evening :cry: It is sad but I know I need to do it to earn more money. We're not particularly materialistic but would like things such as nice holidays with LO etc. I guess its just a case of making the most of the time together at the weekends. Fortunately for me, DH is a nurse and works shifts so he will have LO for the morning / afternoon when I'm at work.

Sorry - I'm just typing my thoughts rather than asking questions now! I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance!!

x x

I'm going back in 2 1/2 weeks :cry: Alex will be almost 9 months old :cry: I'm going back 3 days for a few weeks and then 4. I'd love to stay part time but DH worries we cant afford it. I have 2 older girls and I want them to continue with the things they do like horse riding and piano so I just tell myself I'm working to get the balance right. My LO will go to nursery - you're lucky you can share the childcare between you :hugs:

I am likely starting back full time next week :-( just waiting for confirmation. My LO has been going part time to her creche all of Jan and she is perfectly happy there and they are really attentive and loving. So I don't worry about her it's me that's going to struggle!! I miss her so much, but the good outweighs the bad in our case because I want to work to stay sane and we will be able to save quite a lot of money that will allow us to do what we want in the weekends and the longterm future :)

I dont go back until May but already the thought makes me so sad!

I wasnt that happy in my job before I went off. They treated me quite poorly during pregnancy. Even before that they have no concept of the fact that people have lives outside of work. Honestly they make you work ridiculous hours. If something kicks off (I work in a secure unit for teenage girls) and its near the end of your shift you have to stay until the issue is sorted out. Even if this is on a back shift so I've seen me being there till the early hours of the morning. I just cant do that with LO so I dont know what i'm going to do!

I am going to write a letter asking them for flexible working hours but this will be rejected, I know this. I asked for a couple of changes to hours when I was pregnant so that I wasnt working back shift every 2nd night and they refused. I just hope with all my heart they can at least try and help me.

I have been seriously thinking about taking off the extra 3 months but it would mean I dont get paid. All during mat leave I have still managed to pay my half of everything. It hasnt left me much money each month. However if i'm not being paidat all my OH would have to pay everything, bills, food, nappies etcetc and I'm not sure we could afford this. I think its something we need to seriously talk about though.

Emotionally I think I will be a wreck. Aria will be 7 mths when I'm due to go back. I'm scared I miss all the biggies like talking, walking etc. It's just a horrid thought!

xxx

i go back in April part time two and a half days a week, I went in yesterday for keep in touch day and i'm doing one a fortnight till i go back, it was very strange and i missed LO but my Oh had her and will be looking after her when I go back as he work shifts.

I go back in 3 weeks and Ellie will be just 9 months. I have good days where I'm looking forward to having some adult time, and bad days when I can't bare to leave her.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: <--- All those hugs are for you, but I need 'em just as much too! :haha:

I go back in two more weeks, LO will be about two months old, then! Thankfully my parents are willing to watch him, and I can financially survive on three days a week.... but, I haven't been more then an hour apart from him since coming home from the hospital, and the consideration of eight hours in any given day makes me apprehensive. :cry:

i feel physically sick about this and i don't go back till august, lo will be 11 months old. I'm going to put him in nursery 1morning a week in july to start getting him used to it i think. I'm going back full time and the thought of it just makes me want to cry, am already losing sleep :cry: x

I feel sick as well just thinking about going back. I'm due back in April and LO will be 9.5 months old by then. We just cant afford for me not to. I'm only going back 3 days a week though. :cry: Maybe when we decide to have LO #2 I can then stay home with them boths

Nate is going to a childminder. I don't think it would be nearly as hard if he were going to be with DH or a relative.. but none of our family live near us.

I go back on Sunday. Summer's 8 months. I have mixed feelings about it. Some days I'm happy to have some ''me'' time and adult convo and other days I feel like I shouldn't be away from her. But it's only 20 hours over 3 days and my mum will be having her so I know she'll have a ball :)xx

I.m going back in may when Miller will be 8 months. i am dreading it and have no idea how i will cope ! I did used to love my job so am hoping that will make it easier.

I struggle to leave him with grandparents at the mo !!!

I am back to work on Fri :( lo is 3 months :( Dont really know how im feeling about it. Im really nervous to leave my boy but thankfully my mum will take him when im working :) x

am going back when the babe is 1 - luckily i have paid mat leave she's 10 months, but the mortgage beckons :(

I had to go back three weeks ago when Archie was just turning five months. It killed me at first, I feel like I get him out of bed, put him in nursery, pick him up from nursery and put him back in bed :(

However, I can see the difference in him in a matter of weeks being in nursery, he is really thriving and he gets dead excited when he sees all the other kids when we go in of a morning.

Being back full time is damn hard and through the week it is killing me, I can't afford not to work and I miss him so much during the day I want to keep him up when I pick him up from nursery but we got him into a routine of going to bed at seven and since he started nursery he's shattered and wants to go to bed at half six - I don't see him :cry:

It really does make me appreciate and cherish the weekends with him xxx

I'm planning to go back in September when lo will be 10-11 months old and I'm hoping to do 4 days. Hubby does compressed hours over 4 days so he'll take lo for 1 day with grandparents doing 1 day and 2 days with childminder probably. I'm lucky I've got a good job which I enjoy with fab colleagues so that's not an issue but I worry how I'll feel leaving my lo. I do love the banter at work and my role which I've worked really hard to achieve so I'm hoping that will continue. It's really hard and it does make me mad that we only get 9 months paid leave, especially when you consider how much tax and NI we all contribute in a working life. Oh well that's another discussion and always causes arguments! Unfortunately we can't live comfortably without my wage - I'm lucky with my salary but we also live based on that! All my friends with kids work and their children are happy and contented - we all put them first. Good luck to all the working moms - you and lo will be fine.

I'm planning to go back in September when lo will be 10-11 months old and I'm hoping to do 4 days. Hubby does compressed hours over 4 days so he'll take lo for 1 day with grandparents doing 1 day and 2 days with childminder probably. I'm lucky I've got a good job which I enjoy with fab colleagues so that's not an issue but I worry how I'll feel leaving my lo. I do love the banter at work and my role which I've worked really hard to achieve so I'm hoping that will continue. It's really hard and it does make me mad that we only get 9 months paid leave, especially when you consider how much tax and NI we all contribute in a working life. Oh well that's another discussion and always causes arguments! Unfortunately we can't live comfortably without my wage - I'm lucky with my salary but we also live based on that! All my friends with kids work and their children are happy and contented - we all put them first. Good luck to all the working moms - you and lo will be fine.

I work for a massive worldwide company and have done for 14 years.. and I got six weeks at 90% pay and then onto SMP.

Handed in notice so although was due back sat 5th Feb, I am now looking at hopefully starting a new job around april time when she is one. Just half time. She will go to nursery which i feel is important eventually. At one, i think we will both be very ready. She will be that bit more independent and im getting to the point where I need to work for various reasons. I couldnt have gone back before then i dont think as I am only just starting to feel I can let go a little bit. My mat pay stopped nov 6th.

I think it is all in the timing and your view of things. My view is I need to earn money regardless of my feelings on it, and nursery is something I WANT for her anyway. :)

I am due to go back in Aug and even now I fill up thinking about it. I am wishing the time to stand still and I still have another 6 months off.

I started a new job a wk before I found out I was pregnant, so not a great start, lol. Also I ended up finishing early due to problems during pregnany.

So I didn't really make any friends whilst I was there, so it will be like starting a new job all over again :(

I only want to go back part time too xxx

I go back to work next Saturday.

Not looking forward to it. Don't want to go back.

Don't want to leave my LO :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"