reusable advice

sam#3

Lactivist & Intactivist
Reaction score
Hi all,

Me and hubby have been talking about switching to reusable nappies to help with money (and environment) and was wondering if you think its a good idea?
Ive been looking at bambino mio tonight and they seem quite good...

Anyone got any experience of any brands or advice about any??

Need help deciding as there seems to be loads of options out there!!!
:hugs:

I think using reusables are wonderful! Bummies are pretty popular where I live, and pretty cheap. I wouldn't suggest Kushies, they have always leaked for us, and they are really tight at the top band. I would look around at sites. I get my from www.ComfyBummy.com and you can send for a free swatch to see what the diapers will feel like before you buy them.

i use bambino mio, they're really good, the only thing i've found is that poop gets on the wraap so you have to change the wrp every time they poop (ktie's still doin soft BF poops). i've only got2wraps which is a bugger and i'm tryin2get more atm. i'd defo recommend it tho x

Think I'll follow you on this thread Sam as we are looking to change too... we have a lady locally who'll advise on which type she thinks is best so I'll contact her and see what she recommends, she sells huge variety.

Weve got a 50% sale on bambino mio near us next month according to the website so maybe its worth going with them??
Its hard to figure out how much of everything you need, nappies,covers,liners etc!!!???

If you try a website like the nappy lady you fill in a questionnaire and they will write back with what type of nappies they think will best suit you. I use fitted nappies with separate wraps (mainly tots bots and little lamb nappies and a mixture of wraps.) With these ones you need to replace the nappies AND the wraps as your baby grows, and my baby is growing fast so I can't see it is saving me any money. (Although I could sell them to get some money back or use on another baby......)

I've never had any ones like bambino mio but I have heard people saying that they are dear for what they are- basically just rectangles of fabric that you could buy cheaply elsewhere eg terry nappies with wraps over them.

If you decide on fitted ones like mine I definitely recommend getting one to try before getting a set as I have found that the sizing in the different brands can be a bit dodgy.

We're going to try Bumgenius, getting them from the nappy lady. There's a 5% discount for following their advice. I'll try and remember to post about them when we've tried them.

Thanks everyone.... i think the best thing we can do is have a look around and see what trial packs we can get to see what suits us best.

Weve also found out our local council offers £25 cashback when you spend over £50 on reusable nappies as an incentive.... bonus!!!
A lot of councils do different incentives so anyone thinking of using reusables should try their council website to see if they offer an incentive, its always worth a go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->