Reusable vs Disposable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

charlotte88

Seeing as reusable nappies are becoming so much more popular lately. What is everyones opinions on them?

Do you use cloth or disposable? Have you ever considered reusable.

What made you decide to use disposable over cloth?

Started on Sposies, then cloth, the sposies then cloth again.

YAY for cloth bums! <3 So pretty too

I use disposables for Riley, ive never thought about cloth tbh, disposables are convinient, but expensive i know - but it works for us

I use reusables...they're pretty...lol.
It's fun picking out a new nappy..she doesn't get nappy rash from them (she does whenever she's in a sposie) and disposables are quite expensive!

We used cloth for isabelle from 2 weeks, recently we had to use sposies at night because we didn't have any night nappies that were absorbent enough to stay dry all night. And OMG i never noticed how much disposables stink! even without a poo they smell gross. I don't know if its with all brands but maybe just the ones i bought!
I couldn't buy night nappies quick enough lol!

People say its cheaper to cloth bum, but really its not when you get addicted to all the pretty colours haha! x

Max's bum practically burns in huggies or pampers! literally, it bleeds :cry:

We used cloth for isabelle from 2 weeks, recently we had to use sposies at night because we didn't have any night nappies that were absorbent enough to stay dry all night. And OMG i never noticed how much disposables stink! even without a poo they smell gross. I don't know if its with all brands but maybe just the ones i bought!
I couldn't buy night nappies quick enough lol!

People say its cheaper to cloth bum, but really its not when you get addicted to all the pretty colours haha! x
It is cheaper :rofl:

It's just people like us who can't control themselves :lol:

I use reusables...they're pretty...lol.
It's fun picking out a new nappy..she doesn't get nappy rash from them (she does whenever she's in a sposie) and disposables are quite expensive!

Isabelle always gets rashes from disposables, and the elastic in them makes sore marks on her legs and in her creases in her groin. They are really horrible.

I really hope with my next baby i will be able to cloth bum from birth :)

I must say now we are weaning its not so nice having to clear out the poos haha. Especially seeing as they have chunks of whatever meal she had that day in them. Mmm :/

It is cheaper :rofl:

It's just people like us who can't control themselves :lol:

Well Sarah i was on a nice cloth buying ban until you decide you was going to destash all your pretty girly nappies and hang them in front of my nose like a donkey with a carrot haha! OF COURSE I'm going to buy them :p x

We've clothed since 2.5 months with our daughter. Number 2 is on the way and we plan to cloth from birth this time :flower: They are great.

Did anyone else know that even in disposable your supposed to flush the poo down the toilet and put the nappy in the bin, because human waste shouldn't go to landfill!

It makes me feel a bit sick thinking of all those stinky nappies stewing in a big hole in the ground somewhere!

A diaper sits in a landfill for 250-300 years. Isn't that disgusting?!?!

Seriously? I didn't know it was that long!

(someone needs to do her research..)

I've done both, cloth for a few months and currently disposables since it's not convenient where I'm staying now to use cloth - may switch to cloth again when I move. I don't have a preference with usage they both have their pros and cons but the eco reasons makes me want to use cloth more. Someone told me if Henry VIII wore disposable nappies they'd still not have biodegraded fully and that kind of stuck with me.

Some places say even longer....500 years.

Charlotte it's not my fault you have no self control :rofl:!!!

:winkwink:
My name is Charlotte and i am a cloth nappy addict! Sarah is my dealer and i can't break the addiction!!

It really is! All the chemicals going against your babies skin :/ Its like people who put vaseline on babies!! I wouldn't put petrol on my skin so i deff won't on my babies skin :/

Charlotte it's not my fault you have no self control :rofl:!!!

:winkwink:
My name is Charlotte and i am a cloth nappy addict! Sarah is my dealer and i can't break the addiction!!

It really is! All the chemicals going against your babies skin :/ Its like people who put vaseline on babies!! I wouldn't put petrol on my skin so i deff won't on my babies skin :/

Hey, don't use me to take the blame away from yourself :rofl:

(can't resist a pretty nappy though :lol:)

more effort to get 2 kids ready and go shop than to sling cloth in the wash.

cheaper

no nasty chemicals

every sposie ever made still exists, somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"