Reusable vs Disposable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
shes potty trained now, i should of stated that lol! i feel bad looking back and remembering how much pain she was in for so long and not having looked into reusables more than i did, i bought the smart nappy and they didnt fit her and tried flats but with no help to learn to fold them we had to give up (poo just fell out into the plastic pants lol)

I don't think faith would appreciate nappies now ;) haha

shes potty trained now, i should of stated that lol! i feel bad looking back and remembering how much pain she was in for so long and not having looked into reusables more than i did, i bought the smart nappy and they didnt fit her and tried flats but with no help to learn to fold them we had to give up (poo just fell out into the plastic pants lol)

I don't think faith would appreciate nappies now ;) haha

:blush: i tried to put 1 on her today, Eliza had a green 1 on and i had 2 of them so i tried to bargain with faith to put the other 1 on too and having a matching pic! she was having none of it!

i dont have a tumble dryer, i peg all mine out it takes about 20 mins but then i do only wash every 5 or 6 days lol! for me its an extra wash once a week put on over night with a couple of extra spins. no hard work in that! id rather do that than have a house smelling of poo because you haven't flushed the poop down the loo and its sat rotting in your kitchen bin with the odours contaminating all of your food...yum poo flavored apples anyone?

theres an awful cycle with disposables, you use them, baby gets sore, you smother them in cream which is then a nice moist breeding ground for bacteria which will then cause more rash and oh look a very upset baby! so If you want to harm your child then go ahead and use disposables, i feel awful every day that i put my eldest in disposables, i can never turn back time and causing her so much pain is something il have to live with for the rest of my life, but hey if you can live with that then go ahead...

Whaaaaaat?

Ive used disposibles from day 1- as does everyone I know IRL, I wouldnt consider it harming my child :grr:

Never had a nappy rash either, or redness, also never had to use any form of nappy cream :)

Ive used disposibles from day 1- as does everyone I know IRL, I wouldnt consider it harming my child :grr:

all the chemicals used in them are going against your babies skin! of course its going to harm the child

https://www.babiesnappies.co.uk/2008/06/19/scary-sposies/
go see all the chemicals for yourself, you're probably just lucky not to have had a rash yet!

nappies are harmful shes right but prob not the best way to word it ;)

https://www.babiesnappies.co.uk/2008/06/19/scary-sposies/

i use cloth in day and eco spossie at night

I have nothing wrong with cloth nappies, I actually think its great that so many ladies are doing it!

But to say outright that I am harming my baby by using nappies is just rude. Want to slag off FFers too? Because I dont think that would be tolerated

They wouldnt sell a product that would harm babies, end of

i think chichester just worded it wrong, they can and do sell a harmful product because the market is worth millions. I bet you didnt know sposies also have a shelf life of 6 months?

I don't know anyone in real life who's baby has had a rash either! Probably the fact i change my toddlers bum regularly. I'm guessing you are against baby wipes also, being full of chemicals and that? ;)

ps.. i wouldnt say youre causing harm to your baby on purpose- that was a bit of a strong view imo

I have nothing wrong with cloth nappies, I actually think its great that so many ladies are doing it!

But to say outright that I am harming my baby by using nappies is just rude. Want to slag off FFers too? Because I dont think that would be tolerated

i dont mind formula as long as the mother has at least tried to BF her baby to give them colostrum.

there is recalls on baby products all the time so there is a lot of things sold that can harm babies

Here we go :rofl:
Good for you and you'r LO if you do but don't slate those that don't!
I love pampers and Michael has had one rash in his life which was the result of antibiotics!
They are soooo harmful me, my bro and sis have never regrown the skin sell on our butts:roll:

If you tried to guard your child from every single harmful product out there, you'd be shoving your child in a bubble. If you wanna get down right technical there are small amounts of things like arsenic and lead in most bottled water, but no one would ever challenge someone elses decision to drink bottled water.

There are chemicals in washing agents btw, but everyone uses those too. ;)

i dont mind formula as long as the mother has at least tried to BF her baby to give them colostrum.

there is recalls on baby products all the time so there is a lot of things sold that can harm babies

Dread to think what you would think about me then :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79