Reusable vs Disposable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
more effort to get 2 kids ready and go shop than to sling cloth in the wash.

cheaper

no nasty chemicals

every sposie ever made still exists, somewhere.

Do you use cloth then?

I don't really understand why its not more encouraged tbh. They always rave about breast is best (that it is) but why doesn't anyone say anything about the horrible chemicals being absorbed into the skin when your baby pees in their nappy and activates all the nasty shit the companies put into their nappies.

In my opinion they should up the price of disposables, stop advertising them on the telly and make more incentive schemes for cloth nappy users. Its all about helping our environment but almost every ad break has pampers or huggies hideous products spamming the screens!

In the local shops around here the nappies are SO expensive :shock:

Not being funny but when we only have £10 left after the rent for 2/3 days i can't afford £6.99 for 20 nappies or some shit that'll last not even half a week or something. And not even in the right size :dohh:

I know! It is crazy how expensive they are!
I get soooo many people telling me its disgusting that i put isabelle in the same nappy over again! Like i don't wash them or something haha. Some people are so arrogant!

I just don't understand WHY anyone would even think of using disposable nappies full time. Would you want to wear paper knickers all the time?

I knowww!
I had to show my gran how nice they were nowadays, like "Looook at the fleecy liner!" I'd much rather have some fleece than paper!

I knowww!
I had to show my gran how nice they were nowadays, like "Looook at the fleecy liner!" I'd much rather have some fleece than paper!

It was bad enough for me having to wear sanitary towels for 2 weeks after i had Isabelle lol. Imagine wearing that day in day out for almost 2 years+

I hate disposables, my first daughter was in them and they burnt her bottom so bad that she ended up with weeping torn skin and even trying to apply a cold compress made her cry and go rigid with the pain. I didnt know about the newer reusables then and did try smart nappies from mothercare but they were useless for her, far too skinny to fill the leg holes!

My youngest daughter is fully cloth apart from in the sling which isnt often (have just figured out the problem so she wont be in disposables ever again now. i hate them!

I think with all the information we have today that anybody not using cloth is just being lazy and selfish! the poor babies who have to sit with those chemicals against their bottoms! lets dip your knickers in acid and make you sit on it and cause burning to your bum!

I hate disposables, my first daughter was in them and they burnt her bottom so bad that she ended up with weeping torn skin and even trying to apply a cold compress made her cry and go rigid with the pain. I didnt know about the newer reusables then and did try smart nappies from mothercare but they were useless for her, far too skinny to fill the leg holes!

My youngest daughter is fully cloth apart from in the sling which isnt often (have just figured out the problem so she wont be in disposables ever again now. i hate them!

I think with all the information we have today that anybody not using cloth is just being lazy and selfish! the poor babies who have to sit with those chemicals against their bottoms! lets dip your knickers in acid and make you sit on it and cause burning to your bum!

COuldnt agree with you more chloe, it is pure laziness because people think cloth is "such hard work" I guess people obviously don't wash their clothes or underwear.

I have enough nappies that i can wash them every 2-3 days. i don't even think people saying they don't have a tumble drier is an excuse. I use one but i have air dried them too and it is just as quick. Tumble drier just makes them softer.

Did anyone else know that even in disposable your supposed to flush the poo down the toilet and put the nappy in the bin, because human waste shouldn't go to landfill!

It makes me feel a bit sick thinking of all those stinky nappies stewing in a big hole in the ground somewhere!

We always tip the poo out of disposies :haha: o/h doesn't like the poo in our outside bin haha

I don't have a tumble dryer :shrug:
Not 'caused me a problem!

Did anyone else know that even in disposable your supposed to flush the poo down the toilet and put the nappy in the bin, because human waste shouldn't go to landfill!

It makes me feel a bit sick thinking of all those stinky nappies stewing in a big hole in the ground somewhere!

We always tip the poo out of disposies :haha: o/h doesn't like the poo in our outside bin haha

Not many people do though, we have one of those sangenic nappy bins but it never gets used lol. x

i dont have a tumble dryer, i peg all mine out it takes about 20 mins but then i do only wash every 5 or 6 days lol! for me its an extra wash once a week put on over night with a couple of extra spins. no hard work in that! id rather do that than have a house smelling of poo because you haven't flushed the poop down the loo and its sat rotting in your kitchen bin with the odours contaminating all of your food...yum poo flavored apples anyone?

theres an awful cycle with disposables, you use them, baby gets sore, you smother them in cream which is then a nice moist breeding ground for bacteria which will then cause more rash and oh look a very upset baby! so If you want to harm your child then go ahead and use disposables, i feel awful every day that i put my eldest in disposables, i can never turn back time and causing her so much pain is something il have to live with for the rest of my life, but hey if you can live with that then go ahead...

i dont have a tumble dryer, i peg all mine out it takes about 20 mins but then i do only wash every 5 or 6 days lol! for me its an extra wash once a week put on over night with a couple of extra spins. no hard work in that! id rather do that than have a house smelling of poo because you haven't flushed the poop down the loo and its sat rotting in your kitchen bin with the odours contaminating all of your food...yum poo flavored apples anyone?

theres an awful cycle with disposables, you use them, baby gets sore, you smother them in cream which is then a nice moist breeding ground for bacteria which will then cause more rash and oh look a very upset baby! so If you want to harm your child then go ahead and use disposables, i feel awful every day that i put my eldest in disposables, i can never turn back time and causing her so much pain is something il have to live with for the rest of my life, but hey if you can live with that then go ahead...

How come you don't put her in reusables?

I wish i used cloth but i knew nothing about them at the time

Disposable for me..
Never really looked into reusable to be honest though or might consider it

I can hand on heart say Isabelle has never had rash from anything other then disposables, i have used Pampers & tesco. They both stink of...im not really sure what! Just stinkyness :haha: and Pampers made her bum so sore where their "super dry" technology draws every last drop of moisture from her bum.

She has eczema too so it just dried her poor skin out even more. Hopefully we won't have to use dispicables now that we have the night nappy situation sorted.

How come you don't put her in reusables?

shes potty trained now, i should of stated that lol! i feel bad looking back and remembering how much pain she was in for so long and not having looked into reusables more than i did, i bought the smart nappy and they didnt fit her and tried flats but with no help to learn to fold them we had to give up (poo just fell out into the plastic pants lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"